You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Interface suggestions for Affinity designer and Affinity photo.

Affinity programs are getting better and better.

I propose to streamline workflow to implement such small changes.
1. Separate the color probes for the contour and fill.
2. Add icons (new, open, print, export)
3. In the Wheel color palette, add to the displayed HSL values - CMYK, RGB and HEX values
4. Add a blue square at the highlighted point (it will be more visible).

If you work all day on these programs really can make it easier to design. (I work on the design of signs, banners, business cards, flyers, invitations, graphic signs)5a0f8b5224dc6_PROPOZYCJEAFFINITY.thumb.png.361294d5139eebe44756f1aa04f3e376.png

And I'm still reminded of the idea of choosing a color for contour and fill.

Thank you very much.

Marek

13 hours ago, Tom Schülke said:

looks good....

also ad an option inside of the transform tab, to change the used dimension.. untill now you have to switch to the view tool..  thats well not the way i would search for it..  leave it there too, but ad it to the move tab too..

Exactly.
5. By right clicking on the size, it should display a frame with a selection of parameters (Pixels, Points, Inches ......)

I would never expect that choosing units could be on the zoom tool options, it isn't very intuitive.

Like someone has suggested before units choice should be possible by double cliking on the ruler (6).

PROPOZYCJE AFFINITY1.png

On 18/11/2017 at 1:41 AM, GRAFKOM said:

1. Separate the color probes for the contour and fill.

Yes, please! In the latest version(s) these circles and the colour swapper have become almost as ridiculously small as in Adobes software ... putting them right in the tool pallette and separating the two is a GREAT solution!

On 18/11/2017 at 1:41 AM, GRAFKOM said:

4. Add a blue square at the highlighted point (it will be more visible).

And another big YES from me ... the slightly larger grey square in midst of slightly smaller grey squares is really hard to make out after working on the screen for a couple of hours.