You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

As long as Affinity doesn't have DAM capabilities, we have to use other DAM software like Adobe Lightroom. So, why not provide at least a plugin for LR? And I am not talking about setting up Affinity Photo as an additional external editor in the LR Classic preferences because that sends only a TIFF file to Affinity Photo.

I was playing with Macphun's Luminar for the past few days and their plugin integrates very well into Lightroom. From the LR catalog, it is now possible to "open the source file" (aka the RAW) in Luminar using the export dialog. When finished editing the photo in Luminar, I just have to click "done" and that edited RAW file is automatically saved back into the Lightroom catalog as a separate TIFF.

The plugin even renames the photo to "[original file name]_Luminar2018-edit". What a great solution!

Check out my site: https://five.photos

I use Lightroom 5.7 as a dam and it allows you to edit in another software (AP) with lightroom adjustments ( in preferences). Send it to Affinity Photo do your changes, hit save and it goes back to LR, right next to the original. You have choices of how you want to send it and you can also save it as an afphoto file some where else.  

Thanks ricks but you're missing my point.

I know about this workflow but compared to Luminar's plugin this...

1. ...doesn't send the RAW file to Affinity (but a TIFF)
  2. ...doesn't name the TIFF file it sends back to Lightroom like Luminar does

It's not a big deal. I was just pleasantly surprised about Luminar's great little implementation into Lightroom's workflow.

I think AP raw abilities are no better than LR. So it would make no difference if you send a TIF to AP, AP is just slower to open RAW. Naming is neither a problem as you know when format is TIF that it is AP adjusted version. But I suppose some workflows might be easier with true LR plugin.. (?)

3 hours ago, Fixx said:

I think AP raw abilities are no better than LR. So it would make no difference if you send a TIF to AP, AP is just slower to open RAW. Naming is neither a problem as you know when format is TIF that it is AP adjusted version. But I suppose some workflows might be easier with true LR plugin.. (?)

RAW: So true! Good point you’re making. I need to get used to work with TIFF files in Affinity after I treated the RAWs in LR or Luminar. 

Naming: yeah... I see your point. However, it is nice that Luminar’s plugin renames the edited file like it does. I can now have a smart collection looking for photos with “Luminar2018-edited” in the name and automatically have a collection of all my photos edited with Luminar. 

Affinity just doesn’t provide any plugin right now. I mean, I don’t know if it’s possible, but it would be great, for instance, if we could select multiple images in LR and send them all over to Affinity for Panorama Stitching or HDR Merging. I guess such things would be possible with a well thought through LR plugin.