You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when moving artboard

6 hours ago, rubs said:

No, sorry, I wasn't clear enough. Just drag it around with the mouse so that it passes below the other artboard. Eventually you will get a crash.

Hello rubs,

I tried with your file and moved the lower artboard with different speeds and directions below the other one. No crash occured.

Question: which tool is active while moving? I tried with both, the arrow ('V') and the artboard tool ('O').

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Hi rubs,

intersting. I even switched my AD to Portugese language and tried to do it mostly the same way as you do. I do not get a crash.

I append a screenrecording even though I am not very good at that and the video is blurred. BTW, how do you get an animated GIF screenrecording?

Back to topic. There must be something else involved. Maybe it has to do with the graphics card or driver?

FYI, I tried it at different zoom levels.

d.

No Crash when moving.mov

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

It also crashes AD here too. Win 10, i3-550, 8Gb RAM, Intel Integrated graphics.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

35 minutes ago, AlainP said:

It also crashes AD here too ... Intel Integrated graphics.

Hi AlainP,

that is a helpful hint.

I have set in preferences the rendering option to my additional graphics adapter (NVIDIA).

Once I switched to the integrated Intel HD Graphics chip I was able to reproduce the crash.

The problem seems to be in some way related to the graphics chip (or it's driver). I think/hope this is in some way of value to the Affinity developers :)

d.

9 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

I've managed to reproduce it here

Great news. Good luck hunting down the source of it :)

d.

I'm glad you reproduced it, Mark. My local setup is indeed Intel Graphics. The other one is a NVIDIA Quadro / Xeon, and it crashes too.

P. S. You may have noticed the "phantom" white artboard while dragging. Probably unrelated, but you never know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I thought that was a known issue since ages. Had some crashes last year and some days ago again (always fatal errors, had to restart whole system) on macmini and OSX 10.9.5. This occured by moving one of two artboards by an unwanted mousemove on it.

Wondering if there is a bug fix in near future. Hope so. Love to work with artboards, but this way it is a bit horrible like in good old Mac OS 7 times.

Thanks for reading.

................................................................................
macOS 10.13.6 | MacBookPro | 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 | Affinity Suite

• 4 weeks later...

AD crashes 10 times per day, i really tired for this. AD is not ready for use.

We stopped using AD in our office while next version be released...

Windows 10 Pro x64 (17134), GTX760ti, 24Gb RAM, Intel Core-i5 4460. AD 1.6.4.104

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Hi @rubs / @digital, I've taken another look at this today and I think I've identified the problem. I'll make a fix today, and release a new beta this week for you to try out. Thanks for your patience.

Good news. Hope you nail it this time. I'll keep an eye on the news for the new beta. Thanks!

Great, Mark! Thanks! I will test it if its possible to install the beta seperate to the stable version.

Thanks for reading.

................................................................................
macOS 10.13.6 | MacBookPro | 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 | Affinity Suite

On 7/4/2018 at 2:54 PM, Mark Ingram said:

Hi @rubs / @digital, I've taken another look at this today and I think I've identified the problem. I'll make a fix today, and release a new beta this week for you to try out. Thanks for your patience.

Oh Hi Mark! 

Any news about new beta? 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.