You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Earth Design, 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums 

That dialog looks fine, it's telling you that nothing needs rasterising so is not requesting a raster dpi, and the Export button looks enabled, so what happens when you choose 'Export'? 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Hi teguh,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Seems you are trying to export (and work) from an external drive. This is not recommended. Affinity apps don't necessarily load the whole file to memory for performance reasons and may also store other data somewhere else on the system while you work on your files, so if for some reason the external drive get disconnected for inactivity or other reason and Affinity lose access to the file these types of errors may occur. Please use system internal drives to work with Affinity files.

• Staff

Hi teguh,

Sorry, my bad. Seems you are using a second partition then. In that case it should work reliably and may be something related with that file specifically. Can you please attach the afdesign file so i can check it out? I can provide you an upload link if you wish to keep the file private.

9 hours ago, teguh said:

I have same problem too

the dialog is fine, but after save, display error message like this

pdf error.jpg

Hmm, you have to check the Win file/folder and security permissions there, maybe you have only restricted access there as a certain user. You can also test if probably other software, a text editor or what ever, can probably create new files there. In order to narrow down the problem and see if it might be Win system or AD specific.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

I have try to save file and export to desktop, cannot work too

I use windows 7 professional.

I cannot export to pdf only, to other format, like jpg, it can work. and I can save affinity files too

so I think its not because of permission folder

Yip, if it behaves like that and works for everything else, it's more due to the AD PDF-export routines under Win 7 here then.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem, 2nd time in a row now. The first time I did exaclty like you and reinstalled the OS (Windows 10 in my case). But since it happend again I can't really accept the idea of formatting every time it happens.

I love the software but It's quite frustrating cause I can't really rely on it for my work as of now, so I have to use other softwares.

• 6 months later...
On 12/13/2017 at 1:13 AM, teguh said:

yes me too. after reinstall, its can export pdf. but after use maybe for one week, its cannot export again.

So I am not use this function, will wait affinity team to fix this bug 

welcome to the club X-)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

so it seems this problem still appears on version 1.6.5 and it depends on what fonts u r using.

I tried exporting several times till i recognized that the success of exporting to pdf collides with using a font layer.

Try to convert the font into strokes and / or expand it... than u should be able to export.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem exporting to PDF. It is quite annoying and this problem must be fixed!

Any idea's when it's fixed? Or how can i take a detour to avoid this problem?

In my opinion (and i think every designer who works with this program) this is very essential !!!

2 minutes ago, KennethM said:

I have the same problem exporting to PDF. It is quite annoying and this problem must be fixed!

1. Which application are you using?

2. Which preset do you use for export? Or if use your own setting, make screenshots of the setting.

3. Do you have problems exporting with a specific document or with all documents?

4. Best idea is to post the document here. If confident, you can ask for a private upload link.

5. Search for the problem on your own if you like. A good approach is making the document simpler, by removing elements / pages / artboards / adjustments / fx etc.pp. step by step and always trying to export again.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Dear Joachim,

1: I use OS Catalina (newest version)

2: I used save as PDF (clicking on one of the above pictograms)

3: It was a specific folder (my first export in this program)

4: I managed to save the pdf as a print so actually it worked for me in that way pretty fine. It is not on the tabs shown in the save as bar, but it is in the dropdown menu save as PDF.

Tnx for your quick reaction and i really appreciate it!!

Maybe for someone else to read this message. This is also a way to safe the PDF.