You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Open from Camera Roll

I would love to do the same. I bought the app and love it but to answer your question. 

NO, I have yet to find a way to open an image from the photo app. I go into the menu of the photo app and Afinity photo is not given as an option nor cam it be added.

This is a huge drawback to workflow but it is not a good enough reason to not buy the app.

On 11/17/2017 at 0:58 PM, pjglad said:

I am considering buying this app. Can you open a photo from the camera roll?

Yes you can, sort of. Due to being able to multitask with ios11. I opened the iPhoto app on top of the import pane of AP, scrolled thru possible images and when I found one I wanted to work on I dragged it over to the AP side of the screen and it imported to the “saved” images in AP. Then I just closed the iPhoto’s window and opened the imported image. Depending on size, it may take a few seconds to import. 

Not it as good as “open/edit with” but you can scan and drag/drop a bunch of images quickly. The only downside I see with this is you can’t view the iPhoto image full size. Though this is better than the tiny preview you do get when importing through AP import. 

Hope this helps. 

Bruce

• 4 weeks later...