You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fireworks alternative? to save pages and layers

Love affinity, however, can anyone suggest a workaround when your work is all in fireworks files containing pages and shared layers? I own affinity photo and designer, but both lose the pages and opens my pngs as one flat file. Maybe another interim bit of software that can do it until affinity is able? In a real pickle as my newest imac can not open my older adobe fireworks software. Not Im left to subscribe to adobe to open them and save all the pages out as layered PSDs. Not only is this tedious but if I have to subscribe to adobe it kinda renders affinity moot and I really want to keep up with affinity. I LOVE AFFINITY!

help, please? I dont have publisher...maybe it can open pngs that contain shared layers and pages?

See this thread here related to AD! - On Win I recall a program, which once was at least able to read and convert layered PNGs into flattened PNGs and then to save those into single JPGs. But that wouldn't be of much help on a Mac, so you probably will have to install a Fireworks demo version and then export/convert FW multilayered PNGs with that into PDFs!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 3 months later...

I wish I could get my hands on a fireworks demo version. I would love to subscribe to just the latest fireworks and get all my files saved out.  Alas, in order to use the latest fireworks you have to subscribe to every single one of adobes products. Its quite expensive. And they did it that way on purpose. They know that our newer macs cant run fireworks 4 or 5 consistently. In fact I can open files in both. but I cant save or export anything in 5. I have to go back to 4 and then because the files were created in 5 I lose on export from fw4. 

That double cross from adobe is why Im placing such high hopes on affinity. Maybe I can never open all my old files and convert them to affinity but if going forward I can even get back the lost productivity of pages and ability to mimic master page elements as we had in fireworks...that would be IT.