You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This crashing is driving me nuts!!!  has anyone had much experience with Adobe Illustrator- does that crash as well sometimes?

Im not that skilled with drawing software but I used to use Serif draw plus for years and never had a problem with it crashing.

I like useing this AD software but I cant keep losing drawings and going to have to switch to some other software if I cant solve

Any help to stop it please!!

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @JOHNWOOD. :)

Please tell us about your operating system and hardware configuration, and describe what you were doing prior to the crashes. Please also edit your original post and press the 'Use Full Editor' button so that you can replace the current topic title with a meaningful summary of the issue that you're posting about.

Edited by Alfred
Topic title amended by moderator

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

8 minutes ago, JOHNWOOD said:

Im new to these Forums so getting used to how they work.

No worries. We all had to start somewhere!

If you hover over your avatar (either next to one of your posts or at the top right of any forum page) a panel will pop out displaying a 'Find Content' link. Click on that link to display a list of links to your posts.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks for the reply Alfred.

New to these forums so bear with me please!

Im working on a HP laptop with

Intel core i3-5010U CPU @ 2.10 GHz

8 GB RAM

64 BIT OPERATING SYSTEM

WINDOWS 8.1

I had already made another post earlier under PEN TOOL CRASHING and this is my reply to Sean who answered and Iv attached the example drwaing to this post as well

Hi Sean,

thanks for your reply, i have posted again on the forum before I saw this reply.

I am saving more regularly through pain learning due to losing drawings but is difficult to remember all time when concentrating on technical design aspects. And I used serif drawplus for years and it never crashed on me so didnt need to save every few minutes in case the software crashed.

I have attached a basic drawing example of the system of drawing my current project needs which is a lot of small straight line, modular with a lot of nodes .

I will take your advice on keep transform and styles panels open instead of layers and hopefully this could be the cause of the crashing - I will try out.

I have to have the nodes quite close to each other for the style of drawing but I think I have found that if I get to a certain amout of nodes in a line and then deselect and start a fresh line then this seems to stop the snapping timed out function occurring.

Regards,  John