You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Develop Persona does not save Detail Refinements - Why?

When I open a RAW file in Develop (Affinity Photo) one of the first things I adjust are the Detail Refinements, the sharpening tool. When I then click Develop at the top left, all my adjustments are saved except for the Details Refinements... Any changes made to e.g. exposure or color are developed, just not the sharpening.

I'm new to Affinity so maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems odd anyway. Any suggestions?

For a long time I was convinced that developed images were slightly softer - I ended up comparing a saved .afphoto with the same sharpened but undeveloped image in the Develop persona and found they were identical.  Even knowing that I still see the same effect!  

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2017 at 0:11 PM, IanSG said:

For a long time I was convinced that developed images were slightly softer - I ended up comparing a saved .afphoto with the same sharpened but undeveloped image in the Develop persona and found they were identical.  Even knowing that I still see the same effect!  

Unfortunately, this isn't the case when I do it... The sharpening effect is lost every time I hit the Develop button. I tried and tried, it just doesn't keep it. It's strange and very frustrating, since RAW files very often need sharpening. Am I the only one having this issue? Could it be it has something to do with the type of RAW file I develop (.ORF, the Olympus format)?

I actually completely re-installed Affinity, which made no difference. I'm nearing the point that I'm starting to regret buying Affinity, to be honest. Developing RAW files was the main reason to purchase Affinity.

• 4 years later...

Hello, 

I am having this same issue now and it does not look like there is a simple solution. Tried with raw files and jpeg files and detail refinements are still not being saved.

I would appreciate some help urgently.

Thanks.

On 12/4/2017 at 1:43 AM, Markoesja said:

The sharpening effect is lost every time I hit the Develop button.

Do you evaluate it at Zoom 100%?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• 1 year later...