You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Filter Forge 7.0 is released

Filter Forge

Dear Affinity Photo users!

I'm glad to announce that Filter Forge 7.0 is released. It supports Affinity Photo 1.5, and will support AP 1.6 as soon as Serif officially releases the update.

All the new features with descriptions are here https://www.filterforge.com/features/ but I'll list them here as well.

For all the users:

1. We've made Filter Forge faster by improving sample caching. 

2. Copy and paste images between Filter Forge and any graphic editor. So it means you can use Filter Forge with AP 1.6 even before the update is released.

3. Generate and preview all active channels during rendering and export all of them to files at once.

For filter authors:

1. Instant component search will help you to find and add any component faster and easier.

2. We refreshed 47 existing components, made their list and slider inputs mappable. Now there's even less boundaries for your creativity.

Try all these new features https://www.filterforge.com/download/ and let us know what you think.

fb-851x351.png

Thank you for this info, I was under the impression that 1.6 Affinity Photo and designer had been released by Serif already.  I look forward to using your ver7

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

3 minutes ago, pioneer said:

Thank you for this info, I was under the impression that 1.6 Affinity Photo and designer had been released by Serif already.  I look forward to using your ver7

If you're not yet an owner of the Filter Forge license key, you can take advantage of a free 30-day fully-functional trial. :) 

2 hours ago, Filter Forge said:

I'm glad to announce that Filter Forge 7.0 is released. It supports Affinity Photo 1.5, and will support AP 1.6 as soon as Serif officially releases the update.

1 hour ago, pioneer said:

Thank you for this info, I was under the impression that 1.6 Affinity Photo and designer had been released by Serif already.

I think the OP is referring to the next minor update (from version 1.6.0 to version 1.6.1). :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Ahh, so when's this due?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

3 hours ago, Imprex said:

yes, please :-)

HOW TO install Filter Forge 6.0 or 7.0 into Affinity Photo 1.6.1 Beta (Windows)

1. Close Affinity Photo.

2. Open C:\Program files\Filter Forge 7.0\Plugin and copy both files (FilterForge.config and the second one).

3. Open C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta)\Plugins and paste the files there.

4. Open FilterForge.config file and change false to true in the 4th line. The result should be like this: IndependentUI value="true"/>

5. Open Affinity Photo. Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Photoshop Plugins and check the "Allow Unknown plugins to be used".

Now Filter Forge is installed and should work fine!

Hi Filter Forge,

thx for the info...but :-( does not work.

if I do exactly what you wrote there is no menu item available in the AP Beta Filter menu.

If i copy the x64 folder from  C:\Program files\Filter Forge 7\Plugin to C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta)\Plugins , FF7 is available, but does not work.

I then get the following error message: <class XFW::ArgumentError> The handle 00000006D39EDB50 is not a valid window handle.

I have attached the BugReport and the modified Filter Forge.config file.

Kind regards

Filter Forge.config

FilterForgeBugReport.txt

Win11/64 Pro 23H2

NVIDIA RTX 3090: Studio drv.

CPU I7-9700KF: RAM 64GB: &SSD

Monitor 4K

Microsoft Surface 8 Pro i7/16gB Win11Pro

Spoiler

19 hours ago, Imprex said:

Hi Filter Forge,

if I do exactly what you wrote there is no menu item available in the AP Beta Filter menu.

If i copy the x64 folder from  C:\Program files\Filter Forge 7\Plugin to C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta)\Plugins , FF7 is available, but does not work.

I then get the following error message: <class XFW::ArgumentError> The handle 00000006D39EDB50 is not a valid window handle.

Kind regards

Filter Forge.config

FilterForgeBugReport.txt

Did you check the "Allow Unknown plugins to be used" box? I can suggest that you should try to restart your computer after doing all these things.

Hi Filter Forge,

Kind regards

Yes, unknown plugin are allowed and the computer is restarted... all other filters are working

AllowUnknownPlugin.PNG

Failure.PNG

Win11/64 Pro 23H2

Monitor 4K

Spoiler

Hi Filter Forge

is no longer a problem, FF7 runs with the latest version of AP (1.6.1.93)

Win11/64 Pro 23H2

Monitor 4K

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

I have Filter Forge 5, and I can use this with AP 1.6.1.93.

I use these steps:

1. Copy ALL files from this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Filter Forge 5\Plugin\x64 to this folder: C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Photo\1.0\Plugins

2. Open copied Filter Forge.config file and modify this line from "false" to "true": 

<IndependentUI value="true"/>

3. Open AP and test it! (Filters -> Plugins -> Filter Forge -> Filter Forge 5)  After use an effect, need wait a few seconds or a minute when apply this to your picture.

• 10 months later...
5 minutes ago, Daniel204 said:

Could you share the free 30-day fully-functional trial with deep information? I want to use that free trial  

What further information do you need? Is a download link “deep” enough for you?

https://filterforge.com/download/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)