You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.1.93

• Staff
1 hour ago, harrym said:

Interesting point, hadn't thought about this before. When working with the beta I've always just reported anything I find. Some clarification from the team may be useful. When they post 7 changes maybe the only thing they want feedback on are those seven items and any related fallout everything else might just be noise to them?

Regards

I actually think my comment was out of place and wrong, sorry. I thought I had posted into the 1.6.7 beta 1 thread, where there have only been a few changes since the release build 1.6.6. As this thread is 1.6.1.93 it includes changes not listed here, in build 92, 91 & 90 since the last release 1.6.0.89. So it is fair comment that other things may have changed as a consequence of the fixes and improvements. So it is perfectly fair to comment on any aspect of the program in beta threads. However if you notice no difference between the release and the current beta it seems a bit off topic to say so here, but not banned. 

Edited by Patrick Connor
Versions corrected

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

46 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

I actually think my comment was out of place and wrong, sorry. I thought I had posted into the 1.6.7 beta 1 thread, where there have only been a few changes since the release build 1.6.6. As this thread is 1.6.1.63 it includes changes not listed here, in build 62, 61 & 60 since the last release 1.6.0.59. So it is fair comment that other things may have changed as a consequence of the fixes and improvements. So it is perfectly fair to comment on any aspect of the program in beta threads. However if you notice no difference between the release and the current beta it seems a bit off topic to say so here, but not banned. 

Hi Patrick,

First, It's Sunday night what the heck are you doing here!  :o :)

Second, I hope my post wasn't taken as criticism in any way? absolutely no need to apologise to me for anything!

Regards

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

I actually think my comment was out of place and wrong, sorry. I thought I had posted into the 1.6.7 beta 1 thread, where there have only been a few changes since the release build 1.6.6. As this thread is 1.6.1.63 it includes changes not listed here, in build 62, 61 & 60 since the last release 1.6.0.59. So it is fair comment that other things may have changed as a consequence of the fixes and improvements. So it is perfectly fair to comment on any aspect of the program in beta threads. However if you notice no difference between the release and the current beta it seems a bit off topic to say so here, but not banned. 

Er.... Patrick this is .93 not .63.

My understanding is that Live and Beta are now identical code.

Paul

1 hour ago, PaulAffinity said:

Once .93 was live there was no beta....

No beta can be downloaded.

From a bug's perspective all bugs and queries should be logged against live .93.

They require ALL issues to be logged so they can be checked.

Cheers P

2017-11-26_17-14-27.png

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Didn't see any comment regarding this issue, but I have had a problem with 1.6.1.93 and the selection brush.  The marching ants indicating the selected area show only across the bottom and right side of the selected area when that area selected reaches the top and left sides of the image.  The area selected does faithfully display when choosing to create a layer.  However knowing ahead of time, is a guess.

Even if I locked the thread, it wouldn't stop you from making new posts in the beta forum about things.

I think the rule should be pretty simple, if it only happens in the beta (and not latest retail version) report it in the beta forum. If it happens in the latest retail version too, report it in the general Bugs forum.

1 hour ago, Aammppaa said:

Lock the beta forum if there isn't a current beta?

Relying on people to follow any sort of rule sounds awfully risky to me :) 

Amen to the rules. As soon as a new beta is released, this whole question becomes moot until the next release. 

Kindness rules. We are customers that believe in the products to the point we love beta testing them. I hope they keep that in mind

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

On 11/25/2017 at 1:09 PM, mapline said:

Same here my x-t20 compressed RAF takes 40sec!  Good when open.

I don't have any magic, and after reading your posts, I clocked the load time on several RAF images and they averaged just a tic over 4 seconds.  Computer is a MSI with i7 processor, 32 GB ram, and Invidia 930 graphics card.  Just another bit of info, my desktop which is a 2012 ASUS with an i5 with 8GB and another older Invidia card was a bit longer, but not unexpected because the specs aren't there.  Just tried 4 more raws to see if I was dreaming and I got 5.5, 6.4, 4.1, 4.6 - all files about 18.9 mb in size.  I am loading from a folder on the hard drive, not off of the SD card or from camera.

Edited by Iam1of2
left out important info.