You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.1.93

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Affinity Photo was purchased.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed unable to adjust custom wet edges spline 
  • Fixed parallel batch build failing to start (possibly also fixed random high CPU usage) 
  • Fixed layer drag indicator in wrong position when moving layer below nested stack 
  • Added missing Outlier option from Stack Options 
  • Fixed Fill and Stroke swatch on context toolbar not matching applied colour in CMYK 
  • Fixed Shape Fill cannot be changed easily if set to None before drawing 
  • Fixed PDF export rastering vector objects in odd cases

Loaded perfectly and no problems so far except slow Fuji RAW loading which I know you are aware of.

Thanks for hard work.

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

Dell Inspiron 5570 i5-8250u | 8gb | SSD.m2 | Win 10 Pro 64

Thanks for the nes Beta.
the list of corrections, will always shorter.;)

Best Regards

Gnobelix

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

2 hours ago, Gnobelix said:

Thanks for the nes Beta.
the list of corrections, will always shorter.;)

Best Regards

Gnobelix

That list is only so short because they publish new betas all 2 days now ... and nobody is able to test enough to report new problems ... craaazy ^^

System                                                              Notebook Lenovo P50

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x                              CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ

RAM: 64 GB                                                   RAM: 32 GB

GPU: RTX 3080 TI                                         GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4 GB

SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB                       SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 500GB

OS: Windows 11 Edu x64                               OS: Windows 10 x64

TFT: 1 x Samsung C49RG94SSU                  TFT: 2 x Lenovo

Working perfectly. Thanks Mark

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Parallel batch still stops after a random number of processed images and CPU is at 100%. Affinity Photo opens way too many threads for the parallel processing, there are literally several hundreds of threads. Do you just open one thread per image in a for loop??! If so, please let me speak to your programmer... ;) This is not how you do parallel programming.

White paper on white background. How to see the border? In PS, the document has a shadow, AP has a problem.

123.thumb.png.585736df7635cd1067c28a9dbc499bf3.png

If the background color matches the color of the document, this should not be a problem. Add a stroke or some sort of effect, so that the border can be discernible.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

Hello Max,
try the following:
Edit
Preferences
User interface
Background grey level

Then the work surface should be more visible

Best Regards
Gnobelix

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

1 hour ago, Gnobelix said:

Hello Max,
try the following:
Edit
Preferences
User interface
Background grey level

Then the work surface should be more visible

Best Regards
Gnobelix

Thank you. I know how to change the background color. I need, that it would be possible not to change the background color to work.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

Looking good so far!

One glitch which actually I think it's been there in the past few releases: if I zoom in on an object, say a line, and then I zoom out to move it, the position of the handles on the screen is off.

If I switch to the pan zoom for a moment and then back to the move tool again, the handles are back in place properly aligned with the object.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

I am not seeing that. What kind of line and how can I reproduce it?

Thanks

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

On 11/18/2017 at 1:23 PM, FrankT said:

Too bad it's still very slow loading of Fuji raw files. Thanks for the other fine work.

I  use an older Fuji X-S1 and RAF raw files and I usually see only a 2-3 second delay in loading.  I thought this was pretty good (at least as fast as my .PEF Pentax files).

• Staff

If the release version and this beta behave the same then the beta forum is not the place to post, even if you wish it were otherwise.

As the 7 changes mentioned in the changelist in the opening post of this thread say nothing about RAW opening speed, I see no point in these comments in this thread. Further posts unrelated to the beta will be removed. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi Patrick

Echo the comments off Hofnaar and please delete my post if you wish. Made last comment after a post seemed to infer there is no problem in loading times of Raf files. Thought the idea of beta was to report good and bad points to improve what is an excellent programme. Concerned RAF is on the back burner as no comment?

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

Dell Inspiron 5570 i5-8250u | 8gb | SSD.m2 | Win 10 Pro 64

5 minutes ago, PaulAffinity said:

Should this thread have been closed/locked when .93 went live?

As there is no current AP beta.

Close it but move the posts to the correct forum. I run the beta so I tend to post things in the beta forum. Right now, the release and the "beta" are identical so can't we allow for that?

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

4 hours ago, Rick G said:

......., the release and the "beta" are identical so can't we allow for that?

Interesting point, hadn't thought about this before. When working with the beta I've always just reported anything I find. Some clarification from the team may be useful. When they post 7 changes maybe the only thing they want feedback on are those seven items and any related fallout everything else might just be noise to them?

Regards

1 minute ago, harrym said:

Interesting point, hadn't thought about this before. When working with the beta I've always just reported anything I find. Some clarification from the team may be useful. When they post 7 changes maybe the only thing they want feedback on are those seven items and any related fallout everything else might just be noise to them?

Regards

Probably feedback on anything would be helpful but be nice to the testers who run the beta and post in the beta forums even though technically, the deta install is the same as the release. It is an easy mistake to make and will only be made in the time between a release and the first new beta.

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png