You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.6.7, Beta 1 [expired] )

Hi Andy, i'm having a problem with the Beta update 1.6.7 Beta 1, it is saying "Retail version is required", I have the retail version but it will not let me open the Beta app, I am running MacOS High Sierra

version 10.13.2. can you help with this please, cheers Andy.

4 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Hi Andy, i'm having a problem with the Beta update 1.6.7 Beta 1, it is saying "Retail version is required", I have the retail version but it will not let me open the Beta app, I am running MacOS High Sierra  version 10.13.2.

I am not sure why you get that notice rather than the (more accurate) 'beta expired' one I get on macOS Sierra 10.12.6, but as the staff have said, all we can do is wait for a new beta to be made available for download.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Sorry, I now see other post for the same thing.

Just downloaded the latest beta 1 (1.6.7) but when opening I get a message saying that it is expired. Clicking the download button leads me to the same version for download.

Am I downloading the latest?

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 8.25.15 AM.png

Edited by befehr
updated information

Dear Serif Team,

I was going to work on AP 1.6.7 (Beta 1) , which I did very well, last week. But to my surprise, it does not open anymore.

Now it asked me to download the new Beta, but, it is the same version, no update. So I am in a loop and I cannot use the Beta.

I know you will upload the update this week.

Thank you very much,

Bogar

AP Beta Expired.png

4 minutes ago, bogarguz said:

Dear Serif Team,

I was going to work on AP 1.6.7 (Beta 1) , which I did very well, last week. But to my surprise, it does not open anymore.

Now it asked me to download the new Beta, but, it is the same version, no update. So I am in a loop and I cannot use the Beta.

I know you will upload the update this week.

Thank you very much,

Bogar

AP Beta Expired.png

I got this same error - doesn't fix if I re-download beta 1 installer.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

6 hours ago, ronnyb said:

I got this same error - doesn't fix if I re-download beta 1 installer.

If 1.6.7 (Beta 1) has expired, no amount of re-downloading will solve the problem! You'll just have to wait patiently for Andy to push out a new beta version. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi Peeps as far as I can tell the .afphoto files I created with version 1.6.7 (beta 1) can be opened with version 1.6.6, I know that might not be suitable for some depending on the features used but perhaps a member of staff can confirm / refute this. Looking forward to the next Beta, the team are doing great work well done :-) 

Please don't mistake my opinion for expert comment :) for no way no how am I an expert on anything. However I am curious and willing to learn. 

Affinity Photo (latest I promise)

Affinity Photo Beta (I have a lot of time on my hands)

Affinity Designer (Also the latest; promise)

Affinity Designer Beta (Because I like new things)

I need to get out more - Yes :)

• Staff

@Reggie1958 as far as I know there is no file format changes between 1.6.6 and 1.6.7 Beta 1 and this was confirmed verbally with the project lead Andy on Friday,  when he said he would make a replacement beta 2 as soon as possible, starting this weekend. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

3 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

@Reggie1958 as far as I know there is no file format changes between 1.6.6 and 1.6.7 Beta 1 and this was confirmed verbally with the project lead Andy on Friday,  when he said he would make a replacement beta 2 as soon as possible, starting this weekend. 

Thank you Patrick :)

Please don't mistake my opinion for expert comment :) for no way no how am I an expert on anything. However I am curious and willing to learn. 

Affinity Photo (latest I promise)

Affinity Photo Beta (I have a lot of time on my hands)

Affinity Designer (Also the latest; promise)

Affinity Designer Beta (Because I like new things)

I need to get out more - Yes :)

On 12/15/2017 at 5:43 AM, Sean P said:

Sorry about that! We're going to get a new beta built soon which should be with you guys before the end of the weekend! :)

Is perhaps the duration of a weekend longer in the UK than in the US? 4chsmu1.gif

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.