Frank212

Macphun Luminar as plug-in?

Good question, since it seems to work for the Windows version (see here), there are chances that it might work on the Mac too. - However, for sureness (to be on the secure side here) you shoud better test first with a demo version!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.3 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.3 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Ok. I tried it this morning but my Luminar is in the application folder on my Mac.

Probably should not include the complete application folder as plug-in in the AP plug-in preference. 

Frank

looking at AP supported plugin, luminar isn’t on the supported list.

maybe it would be a good thing to update the list and get some stuff compatible, making a better life away from Adobe Ps?

Ok. So no Luminar compatibility. Also, my NIK color Efex has issues. It does not retain the adjustments from AP when opened in NIK colorefex.

It would speed up my workflow and would make me a happy customer. 

To AP: Can we address these in 2.0 or sooner via updates?

I'd also like to see this supported. I tried to point AP to the .lrplugin that I have installed, but that didn't work. It also works from within Apple Photos, just not in AP, which is disappointing.

Luminar 2018 on Windows does work partially as a PS plugin. It crashes AP when you try to apply what you did in Luminar and send the image back to AP. I would really like to see it work, great replacement for Nik Filters.

There are reports on the Skylum_Support facebook group that the very latest Luminar 2018 version 1.0.1 does work fine as a plugin in AP on Windows.

No luck here on Mac, though.

1 hour ago, Frank212 said:

Thanks for the update. I guess Mac version is now lagging? Looks like another update is coming in December. Hopefully then. 

It doesn't work with the 1.6.7beta1 either, despite the already improved photoshop plugin support there. So, maybe not.