You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

moving people or objects within an image

In the image attached I would like to delete the two people on the left and then somehow copy the ones on the right and move them into a position slightly left of center.

Can anyone advise me 'step by step' of how to go about this please as i'm sure once mastered, I'll be able to use it in other images too

Volcano Island.jpg

1.  Use the Inpainting tool to remove the 2 people on the left

2. Clone the 3 people on the right to a new blank pixel layer.

3.  Move these 3 cloned people where you want them on the picture

4. Use the erase brush on this layer to clean up any excess cloning

5. Use the Inpainting tool again on the original background layer to remove the original 3 people

Ask again if you get stuck anywhere on the above

beach.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thanks for getting back to me and setting it out in step format . I'll give it a go as soon as i can and report back ~ Thanks

Hiya Carl 123 ~ this is my report back thingy ~ I managed to successfully remove the two peep's on the left and even succeeded in cloning the other two plus the jogger over to almost the same position as you did.  The only odd thing that happened was when I started to use the erase brush all was working well but then as I came out to the edge of the cloned circle another two person part of an image started to appear!  I faffed around and after a helluva lot of faffing I managed to tidy it all up.  So yes it worked and I'm veers thankful  but I just can't figure out why another image started to appear as I was erasing the outlined clone part.  Perhaps I did something twice?

A Big Big thanks for walking me through the how to do ~ I'll practice some more on other images and try to see where the hiccup hides.

Edited by Digbydo
Update

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Digbydo said:

so how do you flip the figures?

With the Clone Tool selected, the last item on the context toolbar is Flip:

flip.png.9512a12ffedca83725a0c0867cef7a47.png

You may not see it if your window is not large enough to display all the context toolbar items, but if so there will be a chevron  at the right edge that when clicked pops up the other items in a submenu.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 27/11/2017 at 1:16 PM, R C-R said:

there will be a chevron  at the right edge

< pedantry >

It's actually a double chevron (or a guillemet, in typographical terms).

< /pedantry >

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

< pedantry >

< /pedantry >

Perhaps so, but the item I inserted in the post is the "Much Greater Than" character, Unicode U+2268. The symbols used in the Mac app versions for the button are tiny anti-aliased png files named "morebutton," "morebutton@2x," etc., not actually a Unicode or any other typographic character.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

27 minutes ago, R C-R said:
2 hours ago, Alfred said:

< pedantry >

< /pedantry >

Perhaps so, but the item I inserted in the post is the "Much Greater Than" character, Unicode U+2268. The symbols used in the Mac app versions for the button are tiny anti-aliased png files named "morebutton," "morebutton@2x," etc., not actually a Unicode or any other typographic character.

Pedant!! :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)