You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Load brush set

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm curious if there has been any progress made in supporting Kyle Webster's brushes. I see .abr is mentioned above but I just tried one of the free ones and the file format is .tpl (example: Kyle_Weird_Brush.tpl). Is this on the roadmap?

TPL are collections of settings, texture and brush tips (ABR) so they need the very same engine architecture or at least a mapped one to work properly.

KTW brushes rely on dual brush feature and some particular texture compositing methods that only PS CS5+ has.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

So you don't think Affinity Designer will support these types of brushes. That's a bummer because everyone says KTW's brushes are the best. :(

Thanks for the response!

I don't know... It's up to Serif... I'm sure they will improve painting engine, but don't know the direction that it will take.

In any case I think that current engine is strong enough to produce expressive analog-looking strokes, very close to the ones allowed by PS.

This is a watercolour set I'll release soon.

Watercolours_strokeSheet.jpg

I planned this pack until the end of January but I'm pretty busy at the moment, so it will delay a bit...

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know... It's up to Serif... I'm sure they will improve painting engine, but don't know the direction that it will take.

In any case I think that current engine is strong enough to produce expressive analog-looking strokes, very close to the ones allowed by PS.

This is a watercolour set I'll release soon.

Watercolours_strokeSheet.jpg

I planned this pack until the end of January but I'm pretty busy at the moment, so it will delay a bit...

These look fantastic! Please post when they're ready. :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.