CunningTurtle00

Fans on High when using selections tools w/ Astropad or Wacom Tablet

I'm having an issue when using Affinity Photo or Designer with Astropad connected or a Wacom Intous 5 touch connected, where the fans on my MBPr 15" go on high and stay there until I'm done with the selections and deselect. Once that's done then everything calms down and goes back to normal. This only happens with these devices connected. Using selection tools without them connected there is no issue. 

Connected to using the selection tools and the fans is that sometimes for no apparent reason the selection tools just won't work at all, but the fans kick on while trying to use them as if they are working. It's bizarre and weird to say the least. 

Seems like the selection tools are having issues in many ways. 

I also have Photoshop and there is no issue using the program or it's selection tools with these devices connected. 

Why would having a drawing device connected to the computer cause this program to struggle with selections? This is a huge problem for it stresses the computer for no reason. I do not want to go back to Adobe products, but cannot stress my very expensive computer on such a simple task all day long. Also, cannot use this program if these tools just don't work for no apparent reason. 

Please fix this! Thank you for any and all info regarding this issue and for anything you can do to fix it.

Hey CunningTurtle00,

I've just tried this with our Intuos and couldn't get the fans to kick in. I just saw you had replied to the thread I was going to link you to, to let you know you aren't alone. 

I'll work on the MBP today with the Intuos plugged in and see what happens.