You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am asking this as an IT engineer within our company and not as a user.

When an older version is started , there is a message box with the message that a new version is available, and a OK- and Download-button. 

How can I make sure that this is disabled? Users do not have download permission or installation permissions. 

I do not want that users see this message, I already receive emails when a newer version is available. This saves me a lot of incidents (all users want the new version yesterday).

Note for other IT Engineers: the license-key property in the msi in version 1.6.0.89 is renamed from PK_PROPERTY to PRODUCT_KEY_PROPERTY. So create a new mst.

AD.png

• 1 month later...

Could you provide me with the same information? I need to install Affinity to several workstations using SCCM.
I've been able to extract the executable to an MSI only don't know where to put the license when I want to do a silent install.
I would be really nice to disable the update check too.

• Staff

Patrique,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

@Leigh has this information to hand, and if I cannot find it first he should be able to send it when he returns from his holidays. @DWright, do you have this?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
On 03/01/2018 at 8:31 AM, Patrique said:

Could you provide me with the same information? I need to install Affinity to several workstations using SCCM.
I've been able to extract the executable to an MSI only don't know where to put the license when I want to do a silent install.
I would be really nice to disable the update check too.

I've sent you a PM with some instructions :)

• 3 months later...
  • Staff
1 hour ago, MatthiasH said:

I'm having the same question, as do probably other IT admins. Could you please share this solution publicly?

If you've purchased education licenses then please drop an email to affinitysupport@serif.com - we'll be able to advise you further.

• 1 year later...
  • Staff
On 6/11/2019 at 1:18 AM, Nadia R said:

Hi,

I am not a fan of the new Affinity Photo update, as my presets are mostly gone and the clarity feature (A tool I heavily rely on) has downgraded.

How do I get rid of the new update available notification?? 

Sorry to hear that you've lost some of your presets. Unfortunately, we've had other reports of this happening with the 1.7 update. The Denoise, Clarity and Shadows / Highlights filters have been rewritten to have the same functionality as the filters found in the Develop Persona. 

For Affinity Store owners old versions of Affinity Photo can be downloaded from here: https://store.serif.com/update/windows/photo/1/

11 hours ago, Leigh said:

Sorry to hear that you've lost some of your presets. Unfortunately, we've had other reports of this happening with the 1.7 update. The Denoise, Clarity and Shadows / Highlights filters have been rewritten to have the same functionality as the filters found in the Develop Persona. 

For Affinity Store owners old versions of Affinity Photo can be downloaded from here: https://store.serif.com/update/windows/photo/1/

Oh, my. I hope that becomes fixed. I see, I'm not fond of the rewrite.

Yes, I've got the previous version which is working as smoothly as ever. However, every time I open it- there's a notification informing me that a new version is available. Naturally, I don't want to get the 1.7 update, so I was wondering if there is a way to remove or disable from the startup.

0000.jpg

11 hours ago, Leigh said:

I would always recommend that you have the latest update installed but this user explains how to disable the check on startup:

I know, but if future version of Affinity Photo keep presets and don't change their tools too drastically, I may be willing to update again. And, thank you! It took a minute for me to figure things out and I found out it's only effective from the administrative account, but I got there in the end. 

Can't wait to get back to making creations!