bor

AD Brush stroke weight

Hey there :)

Currently I'am finding out (right now for about month), if is there possibility to switch from Adobe suite to Affinity one (at least, those apps which can be switched :)) and for first time I think this could happen.

Not everything is perfect though, i have some issue with AD, mainly with brush strokes using Wacom Cintiq PRO tablet - Pressure from pen is strangly recognized by app, there is no good settings for stroke weight and tilt using tablet. (Or I just cannot find it?)

Another thing is that, when I am drawing (pen tip is still on display surface), stroke is like I want, but when i just get out pen, the stroke is sizing down - it looks like it cannot hold the preassure from pen, and revoke to another stroke weight. Is there any possibility to fix this?

Hey GodlessMike,

I'm currently speaking with another user about what this is. Can you have a look at this thread and see it sounds like you're in the same situation? Can you also provide some screenshots as this will help development.

Thanks! 

Hey,

@Chris B, sorry for long posting time, I Was sick and don't even mind to use computer, but anyway, my case is a little bit different than in this link. Right now I'm in office, but when i'm come to home i'll try to record video aswell.

stroke is like I want, but when i just get out pen, the stroke is sizing down - it looks like it cannot hold the preassure from pen, and revoke to another stroke weight. 

I reported (with graphics, and some video) this happening very long ago, but not necessarily is the Cintiq Pro triggering it, I believe is a general issue, as it happened also with my Wacom Intuos 4 XL, in AD. The first raw, pixel-raster based stroke is -despite non aliased, but that's fine as a preview mode in a vectors tool-  accurate in the stroke weight-width. Also, it did not only changed the global weight, sometimes even changed the proportions (ie, becoming thinner in the part where you actually pressed more) . Probably is a common thing that would fix (i don't think is brand-specific) it so in all of the tablet brands (pen-displays or regular tablets like mine).

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

Do you have the link SrPx? Was it me who replied to you? I haven't really heard anything from a few threads about this so I'd like to get a ball rolling and pick this up with dev if possible.

OK Guys, so after update, i have no issue with width whatsoever (for now at least) - so i cannot put the video about that, but I'm struggling now with jagged lines and strange behavior with line endings. Also stabiliser is truggling a bit.
Jagged lines is showing no mather if I am drawing fast or slow, even when I'm using ruller.
Strange line ending looks like cutted before end line, sometimes is broken much more.
Using stabiliser is almost impossible to make desired strokes, strokes weights and so on. Pressure stroke weight is broken in this mode. Sometimes it's just cutting, sometimes don't work anyway. and Yes @SrPxx it dosen't matter with tablet I'm using, the same on Cintiq, Intus (without pro in name ;)) Bamboo, and other manufacturers like Huion.
I've attached video with visible all problems.

Timeline_1.mov

Thanks for the video MBOROWIEC. I've reproduced this here. The issue where the end of the brush looks broken is already logged. If you select the Node Tool and click the line you might see that the end node is bent in on itself.

I've also noticed that drawing really long vector lines with your brush settings causes a really bad lag after a while so I'll get this looked into as well.

Thank you.

Ok, so after long break from drawing/painting today I've struggle so much in AD for inking my artwork so I've just returnet into AI for this job.
Every circle so do lines was faulty in AD, drawing for first seems to be just right but when pen was lifted almost any shape was broken.
Another thing is that AP didn't pick every line from pen, so it was very painfull to draw anything.
I've attached video about first issue, on the left side is AD and right one is AI.

faulty tablet drawing.mp4