You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DAM workaround

It was suggested to me that a workaround until the Affinity DAM is available would be to save the images in something like Photoshop Elements Organiser as .psd files (Organiser does not recognise affinity file formats). This sounded like a plan so I tried it. The relevant files are attached .

At first it seemed to work, the ,psd file being accepted into organiser, and apparently showing properly. 

However, when I re-exported it and tried to load it into deigner, the background had disappeared (see screengrab)

On examining the original affinity file, I noticed that the background, which had disappeared, was a fill layer.

So it seems photoshop elements and/or .psd format does not support Affinity fill layers.

I was able to confirm this conclusion by rasterising the fill  layer before exporting as a .psd. The file was successfully uploaded to Photoshop Elements Organiser and recovery to Affinity

I am now wondering whether I can take the risk of forgetting to rasterise fill layers, and pondering whether there are other fearures that would not survive saving to Photoshop Organiser and recovery to Affinity

Any advice or comment would be welcome. An Affinity DAM would be even better!

coloring-page-simple-mandala-6.afphoto

coloring-page-simple-mandala-6.psd

screengrab.jpg

Edited by GrahamMYC
new facts discovered