You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.1.92

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Affinity Photo was purchased.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed rendering issues with ASUS SonicRadar, MSI Nehemic 2, etc (had to remove check for legacy RivaTuner crashes, see Third Party Software thread) 
  • Fixed saving a preset in the raster crop tool context bar saves the wrong values 
  • Fixed unable to increase brush dynamics using mouse wheel 
  • Changed keyboard shortcuts to sorted alphabetically
  • Tidied brush nozzle preview text in Brush panel
  • Added missing custom wet edges from brush editor 
  • Fixed brush settings disabling when editing brush after creating new layer 
  • Fixed being unable to retrieve EXIF information from files that have non-ANSI characters in their path
  • Fixed autosave not executing for readonly files 
  • Fixed readonly documents having Save option disabled (now directs to Save As) 

Thank you!

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Thank you!

With the test of version 1.6.1.91, i was not finished.;)
I am looking forward to testing the new beta release.

Best Regards

Gnobelix

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

Im near always happy with AP and AD. The Workflow is great, the programms are stable for hours of work per day and I made many artworks and prints for my clients this year with it.
I think you all affinity guys make and made a great job with it.

But, sorry to bother again, is the RAW Development Persona still on your to do list? Or is it the hated little child in AP? There are no changes within the last Betas for editing or loading RAW Files and other important functions like preset management, highlight and shadow recovery and many more. Im looking forward to finally see some steps there in the next Betas. 

30 minutes ago, Hofnaar said:

Im near always happy with AP and AD. The Workflow is great, the programms are stable for hours of work per day and I made many artworks and prints for my clients this year with it.
I think you all affinity guys make and made a great job with it.

But, sorry to bother again, is the RAW Development Persona still on your to do list? Or is it the hated little child in AP? There are no changes within the last Betas for editing or loading RAW Files and other important functions like preset management, highlight and shadow recovery and many more. Im looking forward to finally see some steps there in the next Betas. 

We'll soon be testing out a new Shadows and Highlights algorithm in Develop (1.6.2). We are still looking at Develop, it's just that's one of the most complicated areas of the program, so changes are slower to implement.

The build seems very stable so far. Oddly, the RAF files from my X-T10 now are slow to load again.
Anyway, keep up the good work!

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

1 hour ago, verysame said:

The build seems very stable so far. Oddly, the RAF files from my X-T10 now are slow to load again.
Anyway, keep up the good work!

There has been no changes to image loading, so I wonder whether some other process was using CPU time when you were looking?