You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Converting to tiff files

• Staff

Hi Jimmyjimmy,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

When you open a RAW or processed image in Photo you can save it in Affinity Photo's native file format .afphoto which keeps everything editable. If you still want to "save" the file as a TIFF go to to menu File ▸ Export and select TIFF (you may also want to tick Save Affinity layers box to preserve Affinity layers when you re-open the file in Affinity at a cost of increased size). When preparing/convert the file for print you can export as JPG from the same menu (File ▸ Export).

37 minutes ago, Jimmyjimmy said:

How do convert my work into tiff files. I traditionally use tiffs as my master until i go to print. Then convert to jpeg for printing. Does anyone do the same?

Printing JPGs is not my recommended format; although one can increase the quality/decrease compression, the format still tosses aside color information; JPG is a great format for online viewing and distribution, and although it's become standard for quick transfer of files, I cringe when people use it for printing, which aready has a much smaller gammut than RGB... those are my 2 worthless cents...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2017 at 8:55 PM, Jimmyjimmy said:

I have trouble getting labs to print from tiff files. What would you recommend. 

Get a new lab, lol... Seriously, just ask them what other format they accept... I imagine they accept PSDs. You can flatten your files and export to PSD and shouldn't have any problems as Affinity exports simple PSDs just fine.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17