Jimmyjimmy

Converting to tiff files

4 posts in this topic

How do convert my work into tiff files. I traditionally use tiffs as my master until i go to print. Then convert to jpeg for printing. Does anyone do the same?

Hi Jimmyjimmy,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

When you open a RAW or processed image in Photo you can save it in Affinity Photo's native file format .afphoto which keeps everything editable. If you still want to "save" the file as a TIFF go to to menu File ▸ Export and select TIFF (you may also want to tick Save Affinity layers box to preserve Affinity layers when you re-open the file in Affinity at a cost of increased size). When preparing/convert the file for print you can export as JPG from the same menu (File ▸ Export).

37 minutes ago, Jimmyjimmy said:

How do convert my work into tiff files. I traditionally use tiffs as my master until i go to print. Then convert to jpeg for printing. Does anyone do the same?

Printing JPGs is not my recommended format; although one can increase the quality/decrease compression, the format still tosses aside color information; JPG is a great format for online viewing and distribution, and although it's become standard for quick transfer of files, I cringe when people use it for printing, which aready has a much smaller gammut than RGB... those are my 2 worthless cents...

2011 MacBook Pro 8,2; Intel Core i7 @ 2.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD Boot Disk + 750 GB HDD in optical bay, MacOS High Sierra