You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Invisible text container

I made a custom shaped text container to put my text into. When it is empty, the outline is invisible in Keyline/Outline view. Even if I add a stroke to it, it remains invisible. Seems like this is a bug. Even when the custom shaped text containers have text, there is no outline visible in Outline/Keyline mode. One has to select the container to view the blue outline, which is not useful when trying to find an empty container. Thanks for reviewing this bug and all you do.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Hi ronnyb

This seems to be framed text in general rather than just specific to custom frames. I guessing this is because the frames do not actually have an outline to show where as the text itself does. This does sound like a good improvement though especially with a certain DTP app lurking on the horizon where it will be useful for layout

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 6:48 AM, Chris_K said:

Hi ronnyb

This seems to be framed text in general rather than just specific to custom frames. I guessing this is because the frames do not actually have an outline to show where as the text itself does. This does sound like a good improvement though especially with a certain DTP app lurking on the horizon where it will be useful for layout

Cheers

Yeah otherwise if you have an empty container waiting to get text, and you deselect it, it's invisible! With or without APub, it's a necessary feature. EVERYTHING should be visible in keyline/outline view, not only the outline of text characters; the container is an object as well, so it's confusing to ignore it. Perhaps there can be an option or modifier key to hide containers for a cleaner Outline/keyline view, but that should be a choice, not the default behavior.

Thanks for your consideration and  suggestion to the amazing dev team!

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

22 minutes ago, ronnyb said:

EVERYTHING should be visible in keyline/outline view, not only the outline of text characters; the container is an object as well, so it's confusing to ignore it. Perhaps there can be an option or modifier key to hide containers for a cleaner Outline/keyline view, but that should be a choice, not the default behavior.

+1

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)