You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

It will be this month, perhaps next week, through the Affinity Store, and described in a marketing page like the Designer Workbook one. I would expect an announcement like Ash made last time for the Designer Workbook, or a post on the blog announcing it as available. It's en-route to (Amazon) the fulfilment centres right now in English and German, and will be sendable to the same countries as the Affinity Designer Workbook. Some countries (like Switzerland, China & Russia ) are not in the list of countries that our fulfilment partner offers, but most major other countries can be sent to.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Based on the good experiences made with the fine AD workbook, this one for AP then should too enrich everybody's bookshelf.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• Staff
6 hours ago, PhongLe said:

is there an e-book version?

My country is not in the list (Vietnam).

We are not planning to sell this as an e-book or PDF, sorry. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Could you please make it possible to buy it from Norway? (If not, is it possible to purchase it from Amazon?)
I got the Designer book from Amazon last time, but the shipping took more than a month. 

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

• Staff

It may be possible to order to other countries from Amazon.com (the com is important not any other Amazon site) currently the Designer Workbook has been deactivated on Amazon.com and Amazon haven't been able to say why, but when it was available you could order delivery to countries not supplied by affinity.store. So if the Affinity Photo Workbook is listed on Amazon.com then try delivery to your county and see what delivery price they quote. That is out of our control, as is the price Amazon charge for the book, in that they did not drop the price when we decided to. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Yes, @Patrick Connor That's what I experienced. It was quite expensive, both the book and shipping. I know you don't have control over that price, but maybe you can add Norway to the list of country you can supply in Affinity.store? *hoping 

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

• Staff

We use a 3rd party delivery service (a branch of Amazon I believe) and they do all of our deliveries. They do not offer Norway, and we do not distribute the book any other way at present, sorry. Amazon.com website perhaps don't always use their own distribution services, so offer more countries. It's bizarre but currently true, sorry. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Hello Serif.

When I was buying a Designer Workbook, shipping was 123,- CZK

2017-11-23_135634.png.9ab3275938ad5b6163384763c7ba3eac.png

Now, three months later, it is "four" times more expensive !!!

2017-11-23_140029.png.e9a85aac546a6ff3dd3b74ffc421f577.png

Why?

Even though I have a great interest in the book, this is unacceptable to me.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

I don’t know why is that but in my case the handling price increment was around 2.7%.

Best regards!

P. S.: Shipping and handling fee is about half the discount price anyways...

• Staff

The answer is simple, but not great news.

When we launched the Designer Workbook, some countries (mainly Eastern European) were not set up correctly in our newly launched Affinity Store to charge enough delivery. The delivery defaulted to the minimum Amazon delivery charge. However the actual cost to us was over £20. This was corrected shortly after launch and Serif absorbed this extra cost on those initial orders.

So the delivery on those screen shots is correct, and the delivery for the first order was less than it should have been. We have no control over these charges and have looked at other providers of warehousing packing and shipping and our current providers are normally the cheapest and provide the most worldwide coverage.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Ah, I see. So that's why in my case the shipping price was almost the same.

Thanks a lot, Patrick.

• Staff

< To the customer @Merde who quoted @Pšenda, i deleted your duplicate post, but unfortunately so did another mod, so now both the copies of your reply have gone. Sorry this was a simple mistake and there was nothing wrong with your reply. I cannot see a way to restore deleted posts >

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

5 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

The answer is simple, but not great news.

When we launched the Designer Workbook, some countries (mainly Eastern European) were not set up correctly in our newly launched Affinity Store to charge enough delivery. The delivery defaulted to the minimum Amazon delivery charge. However the actual cost to us was over £20. This was corrected shortly after launch and Serif absorbed this extra cost on those initial orders.

So the delivery on those screen shots is correct, and the delivery for the first order was less than it should have been. We have no control over these charges and have looked at other providers of warehousing packing and shipping and our current providers are normally the cheapest and provide the most worldwide coverage.

Correction: initial delivery cost was was $20 (not yet in my local currency). I've placed an order on February 7. Lower (and as you explained - incorrect) shipping costs showed up some time later.

I accept your explanation, but you REALLY should do something about shipping costs of multiple copies of your books. It is immoral to charge almost 200 bucks for (example) 10 worbooks. It makes group orders completely pointless.

• Staff
3 minutes ago, Merde said:

Correction: initial delivery cost was was $20 (not yet in my local currency). I've placed an order on February 7. Lower (and as you explained - incorrect) shipping costs showed up some time later.

I accept your explanation, but you REALLY should do something about shipping costs of multiple copies of your books. It is immoral to charge almost 200 bucks for (example) 10 worbooks. It makes group orders completely pointless.

Well I asked the right team and was told it was resolved quickly, but February may well be the case. Customers often have better information than I do, sorry. As for bulk delivery, if you want to order this many you should perhaps contact our corpsales@serif.com I should think a deal could be struck.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

Right so apologies, there were 2 issues regarding delivery I will rewrite my statement.

When we launched the Designer Workbook, some countries were not set up correctly in our newly launched Affinity Store to charge enough delivery, using only the minimum. This was resolved quickly, and Serif absorbed this extra cost on those incorrect orders.

However until late August 2017 there was a bug in the Affinity Store code that meant when we have sold the Designer Workbook, some customers were not charged the correct delivery, if they changed their country while in the basket. The delivery did not always get recalculated for the actual destination country, and so was less than it should have been. This only affected 2% of orders and has now been corrected and Serif absorbed this extra cost on those incorrect delivery costs.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I have the same issue for the shipping costs too. When I am not log into my account it shows me 38 HK$ (~5 US$) as shipping cost to Hong Kong. Once I log in it change to 158 HK$ (~20 US$). Will order it anyway but like to point this out only.

Order Book1.JPG

Registered.JPG