Sign in to follow this  
Jonopen

[By Design] Default keyboard shortcuts to change text size not working.

With Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo v1.6.0.89 I have to press:

Ctrl+Shift+> to increase size
Ctrl+Shift+< to decrease size

and a very nimble fingered:

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+> to precise increase
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+< to precise decrease

I believe the default shortcuts should not require the Shift key option.

Windows Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. Windows 10 Home (v1809). Windows scaling 115% 

I don't see how those shortcuts could be used without requiring the Shift key! I think it's standard (at least on a UK keyboard) for '<' and '>' to be on the same keys as ',' and '.' respectively; by default, Ctrl+, opens the Preferences dialog.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

Thanks Alfred/Sean. I was just getting a bit muddled when I checked Help and it said "Ctrl+>" etc, and then other shortcuts like move to front are shown as  "Ctrl+Shift+]" which I suppose could be "Ctrl+}". :42_confused:  

Windows Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. Windows 10 Home (v1809). Windows scaling 115% 

Fair enough, @Jonopen. We’ll let you off! :P

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

It is still bad and confusing and it is not by design my dear @Sean P it is just bad UX. Can you fix that?  Took me good 15 minutes and finally, I found this post. so it is not good really