You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Frances Proctor

I've been delving into Affinity photo and the macros :) As I like to learn by doing I recorded a quick little macro for enhancing blue hour shots. It deepens the blue and adds a little warmth at the same time with adjustable parameters for denoise, exposure and more  I thought I'd share it here  

Blue Hour enhancer.afmacro

blueenhanced.jpg

4 minutes ago, dagouda said:

Thank you ever so much for sharing!!!  

However, when attempting to import receive "Unexpected Macros format", I initially had to modify the file extension from .macro to .macros in order for AP to recognize the file.  Any suggestions??

~dagouda

Nevermind!!!  I figured it out based on doing some other reading within the forums!!  Again thank you for sharing your work!!

dagouda

7 minutes ago, dagouda said:

Thank you ever so much for sharing!!!  

However, when attempting to import receive "Unexpected Macros format", I initially had to modify the file extension from .macro to .macros in order for AP to recognize the file.  Any suggestions??

~dagouda

1 minute ago, dagouda said:

Nevermind!!!  I figured it out based on doing some other reading within the forums!!  Again thank you for sharing your work!!

dagouda

I presume you found out that *.macro files and *.macros files are treated differently! A *.macro file contains a single macro and can only be imported via the Macros panel, but a *.macros file usually contains a collection of macros and is imported via the Library panel.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 7 months later...

Looks great, but unfortunately doesn’t import from the macro studio on iPad.

I think you need to export it from the library, and also rename it macros (with an S on the end), in order for it to be iPad compatible.

Thanks anyway, nice to see people sharing :)

High-End Photographic Prints

1 hour ago, DesignMeister said:

I think you need to export it from the library, and also rename it macros (with an S on the end), in order for it to be iPad compatible.

What you actually need to do on the desktop version of Affinity Photo is import via the Macros panel and copy to the Library panel. When you export from the Library panel, the correct .macros extension is added automagically.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)