You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Live edit between Photo and Designer?

Hi there,

I'm wondering if it's possible to have 2 files:

1 file saved as .afdesign

1 file saved as .afphoto

I want to then be able to add the .afphoto file in to my .afdesign and edit the .afphoto in Photo.

Is it possible for those changes made in Photo to then appear in Designer in real time?

This would be an amazing alternative to switching back and forth between programs (especially when tracing).

Thanks! :)

Yes.

In Designer, place the Photo file. In Designer, choose Edit in Photo

edit it in Photo, then choose, Edit in Designer

it loads it back in to Designer with the edits applied.

I don't know how it works with complex Photo files. I loaded a simple image in a Photo file into Designer, Went "Edit in Photo" and removed Redeye in Develop Persona. Then loaded it back into Designer. Worked fine.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

@Moustachey It is not the same thing as what you want to do but you may find the discussion in topic Packaging/3D mockups about using the two apps together of interest, particularly this post by @paolo.limoncelli & the ones that follow it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7