You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scroll left/right with tablet

Hello!

Is any way to scroll left/right with finger gestures (tablet Wacom Intuos Photo)? I can scroll up/down but left/right only in View Tool (H). But in this case scroll stop when cursor reaches the edge screen. Then I must move cursor in opposite direction and then again scroll a part of canvas.

Slawek

Hello!

I can't configure gestures. I can only swith it on/off. But in another applications (e.g. Internet browsers) scroll with two fingers horizontally works well. So, tablet can send suitable message. Could you look at this problem Mark? It would make my job easier. My tablet is cheap I know :) but I have got this one.
By the way, I bought Affinity Design and Photo and I love them. They are so excelent, I will not change them to another, even you not resolve my problems :)

Slawek

Yes my OS is Windows. My tablet settings you can see below. It's similar to settings from your link v_kyr. But without "Edge swipes" checkbox and without "My Gestures" tab.

As I wrote, horizontall scrolling (two fingers) works in another applications so, tablet can do it. Affinity recognize three fingers touch. Moving canvas in any direcion works with View tool. But it's uncomfotable.

wacom-gestures.png.7defd02ef6da8d0b30400a78a1ac13ee.png

On the Mac where I use ADesigner and a Wacom pen/touch tablet it works for scrolling with two fingers horizontally well. So this sounds to be an AD Windows version problem, since you said above, for Windows based web browsers it does work alright with your Wacom tablet. - So I believe it is overall more an Affinity problem on Windows here than anything else, hopefully the Affinity devs will take a look after this and crosscheck!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2