jer

AD file crashes 1.6 on Export to PDF

I created from scratch a 13MB AD file that crashes AD 1.6 on Win 10 when I try to File > Export > PDF. It crashes AD while the Export dialog box is open as it appears to be trying to estimate a PDF file size. The Crash is sudden and complete with no warning msg, although on one or two occasions I did see a Windows alert box about the crash. I also tried the Export Persona with a slice the same size as the document - same result.

This file was begun on AD 1.5 and continued completed on AD 1.6, although I have seen no problems with it except for the crashes upon Export > PDF.

Export > PDF using other AD files does not cause a crash.

Any suggestions?

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

Additional information:

Win AD 1.6 continues to crash when trying to Export to PDF the particular file mentioned in the above post.  Nothing else gives any indication of a problem with this particular file. For example, I can edit it, add layers, re-save it, print it, etc, etc. I can Export it as a png, then Open the png in AD 1.6 with no issues. Once it is Open as a png, I can then Export it as a PDF. Since exporting as a png flattens the file, I suspect that the layers in the file are causing the crash problem when Exporting the full layered file to a pdf.

Uploaded a minute ago. BTW, a further problem is once you have tried to export the file as a PDF and AD crashed, even when you reopen AD and the same file, FILE > EXPORT remembers that your last export was to a PDF (regardless that it was unsuccessful) so EXPORT opens and defaults to PDF. That puts you in a permanent loop of crashing because the EXPORT dialog box is frozen and you can't choose any other selections.

Hi jer

That's for the file. It seems to be crashing trying to calculate export file size. I've passed this over to the development team. If you start a new document does is still crash going to PDF? you should be able to use a new document and switch to a different export file type then it should stop the loop. if not start the app with ctrl held down and make sure reset user defaults is ticked and this should prevent it also

cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

28 minutes ago, Chris_K said:

...should be able to use a new document and switch to a different export file type then it should stop the loop.

This is a work-around to stop the loop. Thanks.

This crashing/loop behavior also happens for me on macOS.

The workaround does not seem to help though. Creating a blank file and going to the export pane causes a crash.