You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dragging layers

Wouldn't it be a good idea to be able to drag (and drop) a layer from one document to another within AP? Life can be easy if you support the users workflow ...

Cheers, Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Hi DarkClown,

I am sure this was asked a dozen tims..   bur sure..   another voice for this will help to make affinity listen..    what i also would like..  drag layers directly on top of other layers of another document and get the question if you want to replace it..  or,  if you drag it on top of an embeded layer or file, to replace this one but leaving the scale and all layereffects and adjustments as they ´ve been with the old embedded layer... 

greetings

Hi MEB,

will it also be maybe possible, to drag a layer on top of the layermanager ?  would be very very handy, so you could place it exacty in the right layerposition, or inside as a nested layer, or as a mask, or...  if you drag it above another layer to replace it.. 

greetings..  just a suggestion...

3 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi DarkClown,

This is already possible on the Mac and i believe it will be added to the PC in a future version too.

Love to hear this .... great!

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com