You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm aware that the focus of development has not been on essential workflow elements but I seriously beg you to have a look at some of the basic daily work topics for daily work users (it's not features that differentiates AP from PS ... it's workflow!)
Taking a closer look at the windows handling: Dragging a window from the docked position to a free floating position leaves the windowns in XXL size instead of adjusting it to the current document size - it's a nightmare! Is there a chance to center the document within an optimised size of the window adapting to the current size of the document (within the current zoom state)? The situation gets even worse since the handles for adjusting the windwsize are active in such a small region that it's extremely hard to resize a window to the desired size. There's probably 2 pixel space that makes the cursor change from horizontal to diagonal and vertical resizing (or simply clicking in an unused space) ... why don't you make handling easier? Why don't you automatically center the document within a given window but leave it to the user to center the document with much effort? I would as well appreciate a button that releases all existing documents from a docked position to a free flaoting position, automatically rezising and cerntering them - what an easy programming task but a big improvement for the users ...if you want to be competitive (you got the features), start with meeting the basic handling requirements!

Cheers, Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for improving the window frame grabbing region in the latest beta version! It would be even greater if you could have a look at the above described window handling with regards to windoww position/size in relation to the displayed document. It would make work so much easier! (Center the document after undocking a window/ remembering the undocked window position after restart/maybe even displaying the document centered and adapted to frame size if a key is pressed while adjusting the windows size)

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

On 12/7/2017 at 3:28 PM, DarkClown said:

Thank you for improving the window frame grabbing region in the latest beta version!

Hi, what is your exact version number of the beta? As of 1.6.0.89 Trial it looks like this ("grab areas" are highlighted in red):

affinity_window_grab_borders.png.24a96ebbcf70f73822fc1d6f0286c337.png

I wanted to make a feature request but came across your post.

Did they add the "grab rectangle" (bottom right corner) now?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi both,

In the next beta:

The borders have been increased to 5 (the left border bug is already fixed).

A grab handle has been added to the bottom-right corner of floating documents.

Dock, Dock All, Float and Float All has been introduced to the window menu.

The hit test area for docking/undocking has beeen improved.

• 2 weeks later...