You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In Affinity Designer my character panel will not open. I click on the tab and in the drop down menu and it simply does not open. I have tried to find where I can do a reinstall. Does Affinity permit a reinstall? At this point I'm sorry I bought it. If this isn't resolved I'll just go back to Illustrator for good. i do a lot of type layout.

sdi, sorry you are having this problem.  When you go into the menu View>Studio does Character have a check mark on it?  If not click on it.  Does that cause the Character panel to show?

If not, the next thing I would try is a Studio Reset from the same menu.  Possibly the Character Panel was drug off the screen or behind something else.  This should put it back docked with the other panels in it's original location.  But after the reset it will be deactivated so again click on the View>Studio>Character so it is checked.

Finally if all that doesn't work I'd do a full application reset.  Press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the application from Launchpad or directly from the Applications folder until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Keep the first three checkboxes ticked then press Clear.

Hopefully this will clear the problem.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra