tracyselena

Affinity takes forever to start

So I purchased this software about a year ago and it worked great...didn't use it for a while and now it won't even start. It's up to date (as per my Apple App store) but I click the icon ...it bounced for a bit then stops bouncing and then takes about 10 more minutes before it actually loads. 

I'm not sure if this is related...but I also have Adobe products installed..(photoshop/illustrator) and both of those load extremely slow as well...but they eventually do load). I've been on the phone with Adobe support 4 times in the past month to try and fix it so they will load faster)...When I call...they come onto my machine, delete a bunch of setting files and then get it working. It never lasts longer than a day or two till I have to call them back. Right now my illustrator won't load at all....well maybe it will but after 20 minutes I give up and Force Quit on it.

So I revert to trying to use Affinity products but they take about 15-20 to load and while I wait for them (and Adobe products) to load...my entire machine slows down so I can't even go do something else while I wait. Can anyone shed light on this for me.

I have a 2015 Apple iMac with 8MB and my graphics card is Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB.

I"m seriously considering another profession if I can't get these to work. :)

Yes I have both. Do you think that could be it? I will try with them both off and see.

But seriously ...not the kind of software I want to have turned off indefinitely....is there one that works better than AVG Anti Virus and/or Malwarebytes?

Hi tracyselena

As owenr suggests this seems like something on your system causing the slow down especially if it is affecting multiple apps from launching quickly. It would be good to know if the above suggestion does improve things for you

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hello,

same here. The icon is bouncing for rminutes in the dock. Then I have to force quit the app. And try it again ...

My Mac OS and the app version are all up-to-date.

Thank you for a workaround.