You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Compound boolean operation

Hello guys,

I was wondering if it is possible to do non desctructive boolean operation and yes it is possible. My only regret is that is very hidden. Wouldn't it be possible to create a "compound" group directly in the "Layers"? Say you select several shapes and you have the option to create compound group with a default boolean operation which you can change for every object afterwards? Other thing, it is really hidden that you have to alt-click a boolean operation to make it non desctructive. Would it be possible at least to add something in the tooltip and even better indicate on the boolean operation there is more that one op? You could fore example popup a menu if you click and hold on the boolean operation.

Cheers,

DrM0lek 

Forget about my request. I found the "Create Compound" in the Layer menu. I just was confused because this option is not available in the popup menu of the Layers palette when you select several layers. Maybe something to add there, no?

Cheers,

DrM0lek

You can shortcut editable compounds by selecting your shapes, hold down alt key (on mac) and clicking on the boolean operations bar - works a treat

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 16.22.28.png

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

1 hour ago, Dazmondo77 said:

You can shortcut editable compounds by selecting your shapes, hold down alt key (on mac) and clicking on the boolean operations bar - works a treat

Option/Alt on Mac is also Alt on Windows. Where Windows keyboards differ is that there is no Cmd () key, so Ctrl is used instead; the Windows counterpart to the Mac Ctrl keypress currently involves pressing the left and right mouse buttons simultaneously. :(

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)