You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adding guides in any mode or tool

Please, please, PLEASE, add the ability to be able to drag guides out from the rulers while using ANY tool.

When I'm in the Node tool, adjusting points, adding points, deleting points, etc, I have to drag guides to the document to use as references.

It is a pain to have to switch to the Move tool to drag a guide and then get back to the Node tool.

Also, if I'm creating shapes, let's say, rectangles, I can't drag guides out of the rulers too.

So, if I'm creating shapes and I find out that I would require a guide to serve as a helper or reference, I have to switch tools just to be able to set guides and then travel all the way to the tool palette to choose the tool again.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree.  Also if zoomed in we should be still able to drag a guide out of the ruler.

And if the Guide Manager is used to add guides the new guide should be placed in the area viewed on screen.  Not in the center of the drawing.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra