Just moving items around page uses up to 80% of my cpu and really slows the software down the pc is almost new i have asked a friend with a 6600k and his does the same thing but uses a little less 65-70% with the same file (i sent him the one in vid).

PC Specs

16gb 3200mhz ddr4

gtx 1080

asus tuff mark 1 z270

Anyone else have this trouble or know a fix for it.

2017-11-10_11-20-26.flv

Hi, can you upload your document so we can take a look?

Using a lot of CPU is a good thing normally, it means we're working efficiently (we're striving to use 100% CPU usage, as that means we're scaling up to your multiple cores correctly). Obviously, this should only happen if we're supposed to be working...

every other design software i have used has not taken up this much cpu that it stutters on every movement and its a lot worse with more on screen. i opened the same file in corel to see and can move them all happily with no stutter or jumping and cpu hitting 60% once you hit the 100% usage you get the stuttering you never want to be hitting that point when working you will be bogged down the whole time... 

Hi, thanks for the file. I tried it on my laptop here (quad core i7), and whilst the CPU usage was high when moving around, I don't see any problems. It was 0% when when not moving items, then up to around ~90% when moving items in the document. But that's exactly what it's designed to do - scale up to the number of cores that you've got available.

Did yours do the horrible skipping and jumping when you were moving them like it does in the vid i posted even when moving slow i seem to have the same trouble its very odd its using all cores that i can tell.

That what im running in the picture.

Capture.PNG

17 minutes ago, blackdragonvinyl said:

Did yours do the horrible skipping and jumping when you were moving them like it does in the vid i posted even when moving slow i seem to have the same trouble its very odd its using all cores that i can tell.

That what im running in the picture.

Hi, what you're seeing in the video are the tiles we use for rendering. This enables us to render many parts of the document at the same time, rather than trying to render the entire document at once (which would take longer to show the updated document).

Would have thought the rendering side of it would be offloaded to the gpu so not to choke the cpu so much it is set to the gtx 1080 in setting for rendering thats why i thought it was more of a bug in the software or an update that didnt quite install right hence the reinstall but guess its just how it is.

7 minutes ago, blackdragonvinyl said:

Would have thought the rendering side of it would be offloaded to the gpu so not to choke the cpu so much it is set to the gtx 1080 in setting for rendering thats why i thought it was more of a bug in the software or an update that didnt quite install right hence the reinstall but guess its just how it is.

The actual document rendering is done on the CPU, then the result is uploaded to the GPU to be drawn. The GPU doesn't actually perform any calculations (unless you're using the iPad version).

Mine has been a lot better since the last update though i am still getting some crashed and leaving lovely messages in the pop up box since 90% of the time the work i was doing is gone will see how the beta goes that should be out very soon for windows.

I have sometime a 100% freesing a i5 4700 in AP when I using imported brushes, In file managment are at the time two exif processes. Wen I close one the app working again. But I have played with the memory settings, for me i have 16 Gb, but I need set it in preferances to maximal for smooth working.

screen_695.jpg

Does the number of undos affect overall memory/performance like it heavily does in Adobe ?  Why the need of 2048 undo steps, anyway ? (in the screenshot above) (also, I personally don't set the autosave in such a small time period. If I ever set it, indeed, at all.....) Not sure if low quality (fastest) does what you expect, and if it is the best thing to set, in any case . 
A large enough brush (in pixels) can kill most apps performance, though.

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.