tokai

Affinity Designer: Compound Messes Up

Hi,

with the current version of Affinity Designer for OS X (from the Apple Store) I encounter some strange problems with Compound (Live Booleans). For some reason simple things like the "Add" method produce strangely broken results, also moving compound elements around in the hope the problematic merge resolves makes Affinity Designer looks up on a regular base (starts busy looping and doesn't seem to return back to normal). Interestingly the very same shapes can be merged w/o problems with the normal boolean operation.

I attached a test case which triggers the problem for me. If required, I can also provide a process "Sample" generated with Activity Monitor during such look up situation.

Affinity Designer: 1.6.0 (latest)

Mac OS X: 10.10.5 (Yosemite)

Hardware: Mac mini (late 2014) with Intel Iris

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 4.36.00 PM.png

TestFileBug,1.afdesign

3D and 2D hobby(art)ist. You can follow me on Twitter: @binaryriot or Instagram: binaryriot

I think this is a known bug with Smart Nodes…

The lower pear shaped object has two Smart Nodes near the top, select them and convert to regular smooth nodes, and now the Compound will succeed.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

1 hour ago, Aammppaa said:

The lower pear shaped object has two Smart Nodes near the top, select them and convert to regular smooth nodes, and now the Compound will succeed.

Indeed, this fixes the operation. Good to know when I encounter the problem next time. I wasn't even aware of those "Smart" nodes. :) 

3D and 2D hobby(art)ist. You can follow me on Twitter: @binaryriot or Instagram: binaryriot