You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

brush and mouse-hotkeys???

I ve testet last 10 Minutes to resize the brush-width with the mouse, but i only get the hardness and sometimes a color-picker, but its more randomly than like system???

And  the canvas itself zooms, and i got "brush-pixel" even if want just change width/hardness...  but i never got what i want..

So please could someone write a list wich key+ mosuemove does what exactly??? 
I have the feel the order WHEN i press which key is very important, isnt it???

Thank you!

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

As @barninga said, on your Mac just hold down the Control & Option keys & drag horizontally to change size & vertically to change hardness. The order you press the keys does not matter & you can simultaneously adjust size & hardness -- you do not have to do this separately for size & hardness.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

on windows it is alt plus left and right mouse button, drag left right is size, drag up down is hardness.

control plus alt and drag gives the colorpicker.

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

@Polygonius has added "OSX 10.11.4 / (just) Affinity Photo (always last official release)" to his sig, so I think it is safe to assume in this instance it the Mac shortcuts that are relevant.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

4 hours ago, barninga said:

[ and ] resize brushes.

ctrl-opt (ctrl-alt on windows) + horizontal drag resize brushes

ctrl-opt (ctl-alt on windows) + vertical drag modifies the hardness

(Thanks to all of you! - i do not know a way to set this line above the quote, so its between ;)

#####

@barninga

espacilly the edged [ ] brackets does not do the job - at least with german keybords (its alt+5/6). Maybe its a keybord-translation-bug?????

HOWEVER: using a modify is not that kind of "shorty" for such an elementary feature.

For me, as german right-hand, i would love to set the "SDEX" key-filed-cross for booth parameter, but i dindnt found an option to customize this "order", neither in tools, nor in general, nor anyway!

#########

BUT your  ctrl+opt (=alt ?) and mosue vertical/horizontal works indeed really well!!!

(I guess it was my fault: I had a 3th party-"damon" in the background, called better touch tool... i have to disable it for AP and first then special things works ALWAYS!)

AND: Its important to hack crtl+opt BEFORE click/moving the mouse, otherwise you get an unwanted "point".

#####

HOWEVER: Best way for me would be an option to resize ALL CURRENT (FOCUS) tools (where it make sense, like brush, fonts, forms...)  dynamically "on the fly"  with 2 "quick and dirty" keys. 

That could also "avaible" for parameters, eg for the depth in gauss-filter and so on. With your normal "dynamic-Size" short-key you can set the slider rough and with shift smooth (or viceversa, depending on your flavour...)

######

But last HOWEVER:

Thank you - ctrl+opt works very well (without BTT and set BEFORE click the mosue!)

well i use an imac running sierra and i do run bettertouchtool also (great little piece of software!) and i have no issues in resizing brushes with ctl+opt+drag.

double check the mouse and trackpad settings in system preferences, there could be some conflict (i vaguely remember i had to check or uncheck something somewhere to make things work as expected).

about [ and ], i think i had your same issue (i use an italian keyboard) and solved it by setting "è" and "+" as brush resize keys in AP preferencecs (è and + are the characters you get on an italian keyboard by pressing [ and ]; to actually get the square brackets you have to press the right opt key too -- it looks like AP checks the character code rather than (or in addition to) the key code to determine what key was pressed.

keyboard shortcuts are highly configurable in AP, maybe with some experimenting you'll be able to get the uniformity of configuration you spoke about.

take care,

stefano

On 10.11.2017 at 4:03 PM, Polygonius said:

So please could someone write a list wich key+ mosuemove does what exactly??? 
I have the feel the order WHEN i press which key is very important, isnt it???

See the referenced keyboard shortcuts overviews here and the visual shortcuts explorer here, which do contain also some of these, though probably not all.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

22 hours ago, barninga said:

well i use an imac running sierra and i do run bettertouchtool also (great little piece of software!) and i have no issues in resizing brushes with ctl+opt+drag.

double check the mouse and trackpad settings in system preferences, there could be some conflict

Thats possible! Before BTT i set a lot in the osx-preferences... so i will check that all.

Thanks for the links, mister v_kyr. I also found this TUT, it demonstrates it very well.