You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Objects next to a stroke are cut off incorrectly in print production

When I make a pdf for print production in AD 1.6.0, objects with a different (spot)color next to a (thicker) line are not cut to the edge of the line but cut off the center of that line. See screen shot below. Is this a bug? Cause as far as I now there is no trapping feature / settings in AD?

Thanks !

(Oh, and the pixels you see on the screenshot is from a Indesign CS 6 preview ;-). But the separation preview there is very handy :-) )

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 15.39.43.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 15.39.50.png

• Staff

In your example of a black object overlapping then the default for Affinity is to overprint black. This will leave objects underneath and is usually very desirable as it will mitigate any plate misalignment when printed on a press. 

Is this causing you an issue?

Thanks for the fast reply. I've just done a quick test by replacing the black by 100% cyaan, and yes, now the magenta stroke is properly cut of on the edge of the thicker stroke.

In this case, (with the thick stroke), overprinting to the center of the line was too much. Now, you see this line far too much in the print.

So we will remake the black plate and good to know for the future :-).

Thanks.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.