You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Extras for free, but where to put them?

• Staff

Hi iMacKalle,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Please check my reply here for Affinity Photo (disregard the note about Window file extensions on bottom as it only applies to Windows).

For Affinity Designer: unzip the contents of the files. There should be a Quick Guide PDF or similar inside each one with instructions on how to install them.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

OK Thanks.  No problem to install the unziped Macro Pack, but thats one out of tre. Where the other 2 going.

Remember I got tre extras for fre  both on Photo and  Designer so I have six. Still five to be put somewhere ??

I think you need to help me. This is the first time I doing this.

Extras.png

• Staff

Hi iMacKalle,

Regarding the Uplift Epic Skies Overlays:

This one includes 50 images to use directly in the program (there's nothing to install here - just look at the QuickStart_Guide.pdf for instructions on how to use them) and an .afmacros file which is installed the same way as you installed the ones for the Macro Pack. Again there's intructions in the QuickStart_Guide.pdf on how to use the images (and install the afmacros file).

The Dirk Wustenhagen Fine Art Texture Collection:

This is a set of textures to use as you see fit. You only have to unzip the file to get access to the textures. There's a QuickStart_Guide.pdf inside with suggestions on how to take advantage of them in Affinity.

Extras for Affinity Designer:

Frankentoon - TexturizerPro Brushes

To install these unzip the file then drag the four .afbrushes files over the Affinity Designer application window. You should get four notifications confirming the brushes were successfully installed. You can find the brushes in the Brushes panel in Pixel Persona (click the categories dropdown - they should appear on the bottom of the list.

Grade UI Kit

This one have Assets and Palettes to install. All the rest are .afdesign files (Sample and UISheets folders) you can use directly within the program. There's explantions of how to take advantage of these files in the QuickStart_Guide.pdf.

To install the assets: go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Assets, click the small menu icon on the top right of the Assets panel and select Import Assets.... Browse to the folder where you have unzipped them, select the Grade_UI.assets file and press the Open button. The assets will be added as a new category to the Assets panel.

To install the palettes: go to the Swatches panel, click the small menu icon on the top right of the panel, select Import Palette... then As application palette (assuming you want to keep the palettes permanently installed on the application to use in any document - otherwise pick one of the other two options), browse to the folder where the two palettes files are located (Grade UI - Fills.afpalette and Grade UI - Gradients.afpalette) and click the Open button. You have to make this for each palette since you can't import more than one at once.

Tom Chalky - Handcrafted Fonts & Textures

There nothing to install here except the font files but that's not done in Affinity -fonts are installed at an operative system level - see the QuickStart_Guide.pdf - Installing the fonts section for instructions. Just unzip the files to get access to them. The QuickStart_Guide.pdf also has instructions/suggestions on how to take advantage of the textures for your projects.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, lettergothic said:

I just bought Designer AND Photo and—to my knowledge—I didn't get any free brushes, textures, images or fonts, which I would like to get. It seems like other people are getting them. How do I get those?

Four of these items were only available for free for a short time during a promotional offer that ended on November 16th. (See this topic in the News & Information forum for more about that.)

I believe the Macro Pack and Grade UI kit are available for free to anyone who has purchased the respective app they work with but I do not have a link handy to explain how to get them.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7