You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Since installing the latest upgrade,I am having problems with the clone tool.When picking the spot to clone from and moving the circle to the area I want to clone too,the + doesn't move.I can clone a small area but the tool must be picking up areas of the picture in spite of the + not moving.I hope I've explained my problem clearly what I'm meaning.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I still have the same problem.Any help and advice how to rectify this?

Edited by Vauxhall60
Forgot to say I had uninstalled and reinstalled.

Affinity Photo,Windows 10.

How it should work

deer1.jpg.dca59a44086ba98d0bc0b274b3c068f5.jpg

Select the clone tool,

clon.png.b6b3a70c4ad55acacb2e9a315bafda5f.png

set the clone tool brush size. Click on aligned. 

Press and hold down the Alt key and click on the area you want to copy (here I clicked on the deer's head). That sets the source point.

You should get a preview

prev.jpg.4794356eea4bdd54e2eb60d782587871.jpg

Paint to Clone.

deer2.jpg.ac0d83229718ded9682db36824a90251.jpg

Which bit isn't working ?

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

The + stays at the source point and I can clone but it starts to paint in other bits of picture which I haven't set as a source point but the + is still sitting at the source point.It worked okay until I installed the update so I'm using it okay.

Affinity Photo,Windows 10.

about the clone tool, it seems to produce strange artifacts sometimes. i think it happens if the origin falls within the destination area. did someone else experience the same problem?

the untitled.jpg attachment is an examples; settings.jpg shows the clone tool settings.

Untitled.jpg

settings.png

take care,

stefano

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, calebbell08 said:

the clone tool isn't appearing on my tool bar.  Could someone please help me find this!

Refer to your other post about this. (There is no need to post about the same problem more than once.)

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7