DutchForce

Affinity Photo Crashes during start

Hi out there!

I just bought the latest version of Affinity Photo (1.6.0.89) after  having tested it as a trial.

I deinstalled the trial und installed the 1.6.0.89 version. After installation I now see nothing  but I hear a bell, than a window pops up and reports for 2 seconds an unexpected error the Crashwindow is opened and a report is generated.

The error reference is d1de331-7480-4e58-8fd3-7b049a8afed2 (I made a quick screenshot)

Anyone out here that has an idea how to solve this

Thank in advance

Anthony

6 minutes ago, DutchForce said:

The error reference is d1de331-7480-4e58-8fd3-7b049a8afed2 (I made a quick screenshot)

Hi, thanks for the reference, I can't find that exact crash in our database currently. Is there any chance it's still in your crash reports folder? If so, can you upload it to this thread?

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports

Hi Mark, I now you're a busy guy and there are more than one problem to solve. No hint until now? It is such a pitty because the trial version used to work and the one I bought refuses to launch.. Is there maybe a deinstaller-programm for the trial or photosoftware that removes al the old hanges made during the trial version?

Still hoping to get an answer soon.

Have a nice weekend

Anthony

6 hours ago, DutchForce said:

Hi Mark, I now you're a busy guy and there are more than one problem to solve. No hint until now? It is such a pitty because the trial version used to work and the one I bought refuses to launch.. Is there maybe a deinstaller-programm for the trial or photosoftware that removes al the old hanges made during the trial version?

Still hoping to get an answer soon.

I'll check out your crash report as soon as I can. Things to try in the mean time:

Rename your %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 folder to something else, and start the program.

Check for third party applications causing problems. Do you have gaming software installed? Things that use custom overlays?

Try starting with --no-hw-ui on the command line options.

Hi Mark, although it is Saturday evening, you did answer! Thanks....

I just tried both options. Neither one of them works. I renamed %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0  to %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\2.0   ----> :-) It made no difference

And the " --no-hw-ui " option had the same effect. It starts the Crashreport-programm immediately. It is weird because the trial version off Affinity Photo did run. I do not have any gaming software on this system.

I am going to wait for your next hint. Have a nice sunday....

Anthony

10 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

So the 1.6 trial works OK?

It did :-)

I deinstalled it before I installed the version I bought. I manually removed the %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 trial directory and used CCLEANER to clean up my registry so "nothing" of the trialversion would be left on my system.

The only difference between the two builds is that the non-trial version checks a web service to see whether an update is available. Do you have any third party firewalls or anything like that? I've still not checked the crash report but when I do I should have a better idea of what might be causing it.

3 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

The only difference between the two builds is that the non-trial version checks a web service to see whether an update is available. Do you have any third party firewalls or anything like that? I've still not checked the crash report but when I do I should have a better idea of what might be causing it.

No third party firewall. Just the standard Windows 10 Professional Edition. I just read that other users are also making experiences with this item. So I am going to wait for your reply.

I fixed it !!!:):):14_relaxed::):)

Mark you wrote: " Check for third party applications causing problems."  By coincedence I found your post in which you state what kind of third party software causes the software to crash.

It is still weird to me because the trialversion did run and the official version I bought didn´t but.....I had an older Version of the FastPictureViewer-Codec installed. After deinstallation everything runs fine. I am sorry to have caused you so much work! Thanks for all your quick responses and I hope I have no need to ever contact you once again ;)

Thanks --- Anthony