peaches

Affinity - placing images isn't working

Hi Support,

Some Bugs for you,

I place an image for a new project:

1). Although when still holding the left mouse button th image shows, after trying to place it in position on the page, all I get is a small square of it in the top left hand corner and the bounding box is showing the full size image even though there is nothing in there. Plus the bounding box doesn't go away.

I tried repairing the Update by turning off my Firewall and the Internet but it still doesn't work.

Any idea what is causing this and when is it likely to be fixed ?

no image but bounding box.jpg

Hi peaches,

I can't seem to reproduce this. Have you tried an array of different images at all? It looks like it isn't drawing/rendering correctly. Can you go to Preferences > Performance and make sure you are using your graphics card and not WARP. 

You can close the app and relaunch it with the Ctrl key held down and click Clear when prompted to reset it which may fix this.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your suggestions, however they haven't worked.

I did the Clear option; I tried placing, .jpg, .svg & .png and I get the same problem.

I did a repair of the software by disabling my Firewall and the internet but that hasn't changed anything.

I am using my Graphics Card, so will see if that needs any update.....

Did the update and hasn't made any difference.

When I also try and draw a shape, it appears momentarily and the disappears and just the bounding box is left. Now if I turn off the tick in the Layers panel, it appears for a minute moment and then disappears, however, if there is another shape underneath on another layer, that also momentarily appears but then disappears and just the bounding boxes are left.

Could this be just to do with having the layer appear or not? Yet if I look in the Navigator box, the image shows. Plus if I increase the zoom in the Navigator box, the image appears again momentarily.

Also, if I click on the Bounding box and try and move the invisible image, I can then see it but it also leaves a ghosting image behind it as well.

Can you think of anything else I could do?

Image errors.wmv

I changed my screen resolution from 175% to 125% and now I can see the images but I can't read the text on the tools bar or see what the icons are :(

So I will have to change those I suspect, if I can find out where that option is....

51 minutes ago, peaches said:

I changed my screen resolution from 175% to 125% and now I can see the images but I can't read the text on the tools bar or see what the icons are :(

So I will have to change those I suspect, if I can find out where that option is....

175% is one of the standard ones (for Windows 10, at least). It offers 100, 125, 150, and 175. But if 175 wasn't working, and 125 is too small, you could try 150.

I'm pretty new with Affinity, too, but I haven't found an option within it to change the icons and toolbar text. Only changing the Windows Display settings seems to affect it, from what I've seen.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.399 Beta

Hey peaches,

I set mine to 175% and it seemed to be working fine. As walt.farrell says, it's a standard Windows dpi so it should be working. What screen resolution are you using? I'm not sure if it matters but it might be worth me matching your settings to see if we can reproduce it.

Yes, it's working at 150% but I think on my previous setting, I had changed the fonts and other sizes and not just be a %. So if there is a fix coming out, I will be happy, so that I can go back to my original settings.

Thank you for the heads up :)