You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Handling of the Pen Tool

I do have some quite significant problems with the pen tool. I have to cut out complex forms and use the Pen Tool to create the outline. Within AP it often happens that points close to each other are not set (instead the last point gets pre-selected). Effectively a new point can't be set within a certain distance to the last point (so constant zooming in and out is required to set nearby points!). Not always beeing aware of this since I'm setting hundrets of cornerpoints the curves closes unwanted and a new curve starts. This is very annoying since I have to go back in history or even delete many points since I did not instantly realise that a new curve has been created. Comming from PS where I never experience these problems it is a serious hurdle in AP and one of the reasons I still get back to PS for this task since the workflow is far less error prone and it takes up a lot less time. In PS you can't accidently close a curve, getting to close to the last enterd point will add a bezier-curve instead of a line what is not a big deal. Maybe someone can have a look into this and improve the handling of the pen tool to make usage more efficient.

As well the history function sometimes fails when working with the Pen Tool (experienced that in other situations as well).

Cheers, Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com