You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Automation - Actions and/or Presets

Hi Guys, I wondered if it would be possible to use Actions and/or Presets within Affinity Photo.

I am less interested in fancy tools, I just need an image editor that does all the basics, very well and very quickly. The ability to create actions and presets is a must for me so that I can process multiple images as quickly as possible.

I also need the ability to add IPTC image caption data, so the ability to build metadata presets, along with keywords, is very important to me.

Thank you very much for considering these requests.

Kind regards

Paul

• Staff

There's a Macro Persona (fourth icon on the top left of the interface) that will enable you to record/run you own macros. Currently it's still under construction (it's not possible to record your own macros, only to run some basic ones), but with time it should provide a powerful way to automate most common editing tasks.

• 1 year later...

It seems the Macro persona didn't make the 1.x cut... too bad, as I would really like to automate certain tasks. I ended up on this page looking for ways to use presets. I saved a preset in the soft proofing adjustment, but I can't find it anywhere now. How does one apply a preset? I am likely overlooking the obvious... hint appreciated.

H. Baasch • http://baasch.nl (nsfw)

Leica X Vario, Leica X2, Cannon 550D, late 2015 iMac 5K (3,3 GHz Intel Core i5, 24 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048 MB, 2TB Fusion drive)

Hi HMandemaker,

You can find the preset in the Adjustements panel, almost on the bottom (by default on the left of the Layers panel).

The Macro Persona will return at some point. It wasn't ready for release at the time.

Hi again,

That button opens the list of adjustments, but opening the Soft Proof item doesn't activate my preset. Am I overlooking it?

H. Baasch • http://baasch.nl (nsfw)

Leica X Vario, Leica X2, Cannon 550D, late 2015 iMac 5K (3,3 GHz Intel Core i5, 24 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048 MB, 2TB Fusion drive)