You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Affinity Designer] Android devices into default preset

I second and triple this.

There are more Android devices than iOS in the market. IDC Q1 Mobile Phone Market Share and Device Atlas Mobile Statistics

The Nexus is a fringe device. Sorry Nexus lovers. I would suggest ignoring phone brands on non iOS and say 'Android'. Blackberry can be ignored as any stand-alone they are phasing out their own OS in favor of Android. (at like 0.2% share it's no wonder why)

Another link: Device Atlas Most Used Screen Size Other's opinions may differ, but I tend to start at 360x640 (sometimes 720x1280) as you have to design for the smallest screen in Material Design and Android due to the vast array of sizes and Device Independent Pixel ratios (DP).

The Zoom To would, I assume, just be to those defaults? Don't quite understand that setting in templates.

AND there MUST be a way to save document templates into the document template presets. NOT just the current open an existing document as a template method.

So if someone does design to a certain screen size and ruler settings they should be able to add that at the same level the existing Document Templates are.

IMO, at least one of these must happen.

In addition, to normal designing for Android Platrform, it need to add support for Density-independent pixels (dp) and Scaleable pixels (sp) for text.
Android useds 'dp' instead of 'pt' from iOS.

Offitial documentation from Material Designs specs here: 
https://material.io/guidelines/layout/units-measurements.html#units-measurements-density-independent-pixels-dp
https://material.io/guidelines/layout/units-measurements.html#units-measurements-scaleable-pixels-sp

'dp' calculates in that way:
    screen density = screen width (or height) in pixels / screen width (or height) in inches
    dp = (width in pixels * 160) / screen density

Many thanks!