You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.1.90

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Affinity Photo was purchased.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• More fixes to Photoshop Plugins (FilterForge 6.0 now works)
  • Fixed Alignment popup not committing properly when more than one instance on toolbar
  • Fixed Noise percentage getting stuck for the dropdown menu 
  • Fixed crashes when switching between documents with Brush panel open
  • Fixed printer profile resetting when tab is changed 
  • Improved SVG import to handle gradients with missing x1 or y1 values
  • Fixed PSD export for layers that have bounds with zero height or width as a result of intersection
  • Fixed PSD import of files from "Sketchclub"
  • Fixed automatic slice areas to use any vector enclosure mask by default
  • Fixed slices created from layers having no area
  • Fixed images being pasted upside down
  • Fixed crash when removing all items during toolbar customisation
  • Fixed nozzle size truncation on Brush panel
  • Added missing tooltip on multiple export values warning triangle 
  • Fixed Colour panel not fully updating in response to 'x' shortcut key
  • Fixed snapping in Marquee tool
  • Fixed being unable to use previous Opacity presets in the dropdown menu

so fast,  the new Beta, great.:):)
Thanks to the team.
the weekend is reserved for the new beta.

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

And I thought you all went to sleep Mode after the Release ... Thanks for proving I was wrong ;)

System                                                              Notebook Lenovo P50

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x                              CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ

RAM: 64 GB                                                   RAM: 32 GB

GPU: RTX 3080 TI                                         GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4 GB

SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB                       SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 500GB

OS: Windows 11 Edu x64                               OS: Windows 10 x64

TFT: 1 x Samsung C49RG94SSU                  TFT: 2 x Lenovo

Mark,

I don't see this mentioned in the fixes, so I have to ask: did you guys work on the Fuji raw loading times? Because it loads way faster here compared to any previous release. About 4 secs to load a full RAW from my X-T10!

Edit: never mind, I must have overlooked this, I hadn't tried on the .89 latest stable release, and it performs as fast! :)

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

6 minutes ago, Hofnaar said:

Same loading speed here, as with the latest betas. About 19sec. I always try the same RAF files from my X-E2 and X-E1

Hm.. not sure. I have tried several times with different RAW files from the X-10, same results. Always about 4sec.

I don't know if it could add anything, but in case, you can share one of your raw files and I can give it a try, just to double check.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti

Hello all,
my first impressions of the new beta are positive :)
following hardware and filters works without problems
Huion Graphic Tablet
NIK filter collection
Topaz Remask Filter

these program functions, also without problems
Qick Mask
mask layer
Images are inserted correctly

Great job from the team, the program gets better with every update.

I will continue testing.

Best Regards
Gnobelix

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

Hi Mark, '90 is really looking good on my system. I used it earlier to output artwork, photos and a catalog for a customer. All worked flawlessly. Thank you!

All Nik, Topaz, Corel Particle Shop plugins are working too.

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

2 hours ago, verysame said:

Hm.. not sure. I have tried several times with different RAW files from the X-10, same results. Always about 4sec.

I don't know if it could add anything, but in case, you can share one of your raw files and I can give it a try, just to double check.

pls take a look here:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/31402-fuji-raw-files-issues/#comment-152211 

There are still problems with Nik plugins:

With 16bit tiff files Viveza shows wrong colors when I use less than 100% view inside Viveza. Viveza has correct colors in Partha Bagchi's Gimp 2.9.6 compiles. It must be possible to slve this problem.

When I make a selection (screenshot) inside Affinita Photo of a 16bit tiff file and want to work on that selection with a Nik filter I get more or less corrupted previews (see screenshots). When I make changes inside the Nik filter and save Affinity  Photo applies them correctly only to the selection. But with these corrupted previews I must work blind.

When I do the same with a Topaz filter I get a preview not of the selection but of the whole image. That is enough to work with.

ColorEfexPro4_preview.jpg

Dfine2_preview.jpg

Topaz_preview.jpg

AP_selection.jpg

since 1.6 I also seem to have a weird issue with my brushes where the dynamics settings are all set to 0, and if you change the value the whole dialog grays out. this happens almost always with the DAUB pro brushes that were in the pre order pack.
Capture.PNG.a86f073147752fb5346ef99f587bab2b.PNG

10 hours ago, Hofnaar said:

Yes, with those raw files it definitely takes longer. I'll do more test with the raw files from my wife's X-T2, I know they can be compressed or fully uncompressed, just curious if that will make any difference. 

Andrew
-

3 hours ago, R34V3r said:

since 1.6 I also seem to have a weird issue with my brushes where the dynamics settings are all set to 0, and if you change the value the whole dialog grays out. this happens almost always with the DAUB pro brushes that were in the pre order pack.
Capture.PNG.a86f073147752fb5346ef99f587bab2b.PNG

I am pleased to see someone else has found this issue...I believe it's being dealt with. 

see here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/49337-ad-16089-brush-bugs-and-some-weirdness/

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Great to hear that.

Both Designer and Photo freeze the app for a while on Export.

Additionally version .89 crashed the apps on BICUBIC resamling option.

cheers,

AF Photo+Designer+Publisher and their betas on Win10 x64/Gtx760+AmdFX+24GB RAM

On 09.11.2017 at 4:42 PM, Mark Ingram said:

• More fixes to Photoshop Plugins (FilterForge 6.0 now works)

Can confirm it works at least partially. When ran with a full image, FF works fine. When I selected a part of the image, and refined the selection, FF complained about an unexpected mask presence state.