Hi all,

First time posting here, so I hope this is the appropriate place...

I'm creating an image with multiple layers - I run a small theatre company and this image will be used to promote a touring show. It's a countryside scene with a group standing in the middle, and around the edge I have a black silhouette of leaves, branches, rushes, etc. to frame the picture. I've applied a light (1-2px) gaussian blur as a live filter to these silhouette layers in order to soften them and give a sense of depth.

However, when I export the image, the gaussian blur is removed, and the leaves, etc. appear sharp again, as if I hadn't applied the blur. I tried rasterising the layer before exporting, but when I did, the blur was removed in the resulting pixel layer. I removed the live filter and tried applying the blur as an effect, but when I flatten or export the image it still gets removed. I tried applying the blur as a normal filter - the correct result shows when previewing and moving the slider, but when I hit apply the blur is removed again!

I don't know if I'm missing something or whether this is actually a bug, but if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!

Other than this, I'm loving both Photo and Designer!

Hi,

Uploading the .afphoto file. I was trying to export to PDF for print initially, but then I was also trying to flatten the image so that I could quickly use it with some other text. I also tried to merge down a few layers, but had the same issue. I've found that I can export it to .png or .jpg without a problem if done from the File menu of the Photo persona, but when I tried to export a square area of the document as a .png in the Export persona, I had the same trouble with blur disappearing again!

Hi LeapofDeath,

Thanks for the file and sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Besides the blur issue with the leaves, there's also a problem with the Vignetter (group) layer - again the blur is not being rendered here leaving the vignette with a sharp edge. 

Rasterising these layers seems to create another issue (a lighter frame around the borders of the image) - I've passed your file to the dev team to be looked at.

Hi, LeapofDeath. Sorry you've been having this issue. It seems to be triggered by the pixel size of the document, which means it depends on the DPI you use to export. If you can use a lower resolution, perhaps 200dpi, that should work. The total area needs to be under 16,777,216 pixels. We'll look at finding a proper fix in our code meanwhile.