DarkClown

How to copy content from a second document source?

Hi everybody. I'm struggeling a bit with the copy (clone) tool. I'm trying to copy parts from a second document into my main document with the clone brush tool. Since the tool only ssems to allow a source in the same document I wonder how to get this done? (PS allows to set the source within a second document). Maybe I haven't sorted out how to do this in AP. Any suggestions or help on this one?
thx, Timo

iCore i7-3770, 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher latest final & beta
http://www.timobierbaum.com

I think this is the right video

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Hi DarkClown,

You have to select the source area from the original document (press and hold ⌥ (option/alt) and click on canvas), then click the Add Global Source button in context toolbar to add it to the Sources panel (which should open automatically), change to the other document, select the source you want to use from the Sources panel and start cloning on canvas.

Thanks for your answers ... I guess that's what I was looking for ... appreciate it!

But frankly spoken: that's a nightmare! It took me 40 minutes to get a clone result close to what I was looking for ... (instead of 2 minutes with PS) ... why make it easy if there's a far more complicated way to get the same results. I still haven't figured out how to reset the clone source once you need a different starting point from the source. So I ended up adding new sources over and over again from the same source picture to have additional clone starting points (OMG) - instead of simply defining the new clone starting point within a seperate document and painting in my existing picture. It is NOT intuitive at all! (Workflow!!!) - Is there any advantage of making a simple task that complicated (by adding an existing documents first to a "Source" panel again and again to define different staring points for the clone tool)? Maybe I simply did not get the benefit from this increased complexity (source window) ...

iCore i7-3770, 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher latest final & beta
http://www.timobierbaum.com