You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

bodobe

Hey guys,

this is a new PreMade book cover design that I tried to use to place the author name next to the title (instead above it) Of course, the name should still visibly separate from the title and also be well recognized as the author's name. What do you mean?

Titel/Info:
Im Regen sieht dich niemand weinen means something like No one sees you crying in the rain

http://b-bertuleit.de/buchcover-design-im-regen/

Illustration & Grafik bodobe.de

Very nicely done as usual.

I have some very minor issues (as usual):

• Why does the blood look orange? Is it something to do with it as being aspirated? (Because there appear to be air bubbles in it.)
  • What's going on to the bottom-left of the hand? I can't tell what it's supposed to be.

Apart from those silly concerns of mine - and feel free to ignore them - it looks great.

Hi GarryP,

thanks for your comment :) The blood (red) is slightly lighter, but not orange. It's a bit lighter because the wound is not directly from the hand. The hand has touched a wound on the body, which is explained in the novel. It also rains, the blood is also a little diluted.

But actually, the color of the blood is not really important. I would be glad if you could say something about the actual topic (and my request): I tried to place the author name next to the title (instead of above).

- - -

"What's going on to the bottom-left of the hand? I can't tell what it's supposed to be."
What you imagine :)

Illustration & Grafik bodobe.de

Ah. If it's not orange then maybe it's just my monitor that isn't set-up correctly. I'll have to look into that.

Anyway, I like the placement of the author's name. It gives me a sense of some kind of construction. As if the name and title are blocks in a wall. It gives me the idea of strength somehow, especially with how you've made the rest of the cover. A solid wall against the elements.